Prepping the car for baby

RandaPanda

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

Just seeing if anyone uses/is planning to use sun shades on their back car windows. Can't decide if I should buy some. I am planning to use a mirror to see how LO is doing while I drive. Just not sure about getting the sun shades too...

Also checking about car seat protectors. I don't want to decrease the safety and security of the seat, but I'm also picky about keeping my car super clean (lol, I think this is an expectation I'll have to adjust based on seeing the cars of my friends with LOs :haha:) This site doesn't make the protectors sound very promising...
https://carseatblog.com/21536/vehicle-seat-protectors-update-what-you-need-to-know/

What are you planning to do?

We have shades on the windows as DS gets very irate when the sun gets in his eyes. I think the car seat covers are all washable, aren't they? Do.you need additional covers on them?

Sorry, I should clarify that it's a pad that goes on the seat of the car itself (underneath the car seat)...to protect it from too much indentation and from spills, etc.

I think I will probably spring for the sun shades (although, gosh, I've been spending a lot of $ on baby stuff!) because I can foresee some sudden upset if the sun gets in his eyes like you said with your LO.

Oh I see. Couldn't you just put a towel down or something?

I got sun shades and a car seat protector. We have a Britax carseat and at my shower, I got the Britax protector that goes on the seat. My car was brand new a year ago and I'm still paying for it, so I don't want to destroy the seat quite yet ;)

We've always used towels under the kids seats to protect the leather and my car has always had dark tints. However DH and inlaws cars have shades, I think they're worth the money.

I literally just put the baby in the seat in the car. Job done.

The car seat canopy worked as a sun shade and I only got shades when ds changed to a seat without it.
Xx

i have a problem with the suction cups of the sunshades sticking to the window. No matter what I try, they always come loose in a few days.. As for the seat protector, I have always spread a blanket over my backseat. :)

Our back windows are tinted so Don't need shades. Got a brand new car 2 months ago but they're leather seats so should be fine.
For dd we didn't use sunshades either or any seat protectors and never had issue with carseat damaging or marking seats. We do use a base though so they help to distribute weight I think.
Even with dd being 4 we've never had issues withthe seats being damaged or getting overly dirty

Ok, thanks everyone! I have a base for my seat too, so hopefully that will help. I had read, like pp said, that the suction cups don't stay on for the sun shades. Maybe I'll just see how our LO does in the car first, and then buy if needed after that.

We won't be using a car seat cover, never did with DD. I think we will grab some sun shades at some point along the way.

At my prenatal class last weekend, they recommended not using both sunshades and the mirror...hrm! Sunshades are okay if adhesive they said, but no suction cup ones because they can come off and become a dangerous projectile for baby if in a crash...and the mirrors have a tendency to increase accidents because they distract us. I get what they're saying, and now I might not buy the stuff, but there was also a lot of info they gave us that seemed almost overly cautious in the class...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->