Present for oh??

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting something special for my oh for just after baby has been delivered. I know people say that giving him a baby is enough, but this has been a long road for us. He supported me so much after we lost Joshua, and has been mostly supportive throughout this pregnancy. The times he wasn't he admitted was because he was terrified we might lose this baby too. That is still a distinct possibility, 50/50 on whether this baby makes it home, but staying positive that she will. He's just done so much for me, helped me cope with my grief, helped me deal with severe anxiety, getting through this pregnancy and easing my worries, looking after me when I need it, and supporting me findncially. I just feel he deserves something for everything he has done and I know he'll continue to do for his family. I just don't know what. He's not one for football/teams so baby clothes around that are out, I don't really like the 'dad' jewellery, just can't really think what to get him. I want something for him, that he can treasure. Any suggestions?? x

I've been thinking about this as well, I really want to get Hubbie a little something as he's also been amazing through this pregnancy. Like your hubbie, he is also not into jewellery or football! He's into Baseball but I got him/baby some Oakland A's baby gro's for Christmas so I'd like to find something not clothes related.

I was thinking of making an 'Our Adventure Book' photo album (like in the movie Up) that he can fill with photo's of him and baby through it's first year. Or maybe a little 'Dad survival kit' with things like some novelty socks, ear plugs, and a small bottle of whiskey.

But I'll be stalking this for other ideas!

I bought my hubby 'the dangerous book for boys' when Earl was born lol. :haha: I think you can get 'Dad' books on a similar vein.

If you're not sure, how about waiting and then buying something when you get home, or get him a voucher to his favourite shop, or a DVD boxset you could watch together while baby is still young and you need to rest?

The other thing we did was get a takeaway and a bottle of wine (obviously if you're BFing then maybe get something non-alcoholic lol) and a DVD and just had a night to ourselves when everything had calmed down and we'd settled back in at home. I think we've done it with both of them, usually about a week or so after they were born lol. :thumbup:

I'm getting my OH a bottle of Malt with the words 'thanks for everything Daddy' engraved on it... He loves his Malt and I just thought this was something a little different and he can keep the bottle too.

I think getting your OH a little gift is a lovely gesture :)

It's his fifth baby, so new dad books don't really apply :( just want something really special. I thought about a watch, but he's really picky with his watches, so I'd hate to buy one that he didn't like :( I know he wants a tablet to play games/watch movies when he's doing night feeds and can't sleep, but I can't really afford the one he wants. Just want something really special, but at a loss :( as far as DVD night in, I really want something that he can keep and look back on. x

I think a watch would be a great idea - but if he's picky then how about a pocket watch? They are more of a keep sake than a "wearing" watch and you can get them engraved.

Try https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/gifts/shop-by-recipient/for-him for some ideas for different things.

Have you thought about waiting until after baby is born and making him a collage picture to put in a frame? Or a scrapbook to tell the story of your journey together through the pregnancy and into parenthood? If you have a pic of your BFP you could maybe start with that, and fill it with notes saying thankyou for the little things he's done for you, and pictures right the way through the pregnancy and at the end have the first pic of him holding baby, baby's handprints/footprints etc.
Might be a bit sentimental for some guys but I know my OH would really appreciate something like that :)

I really like the idea of the pocketwatch. My other thought is there are a ton of websites where you can get personalized gifts. If he has an office or a desk at work, you could get him a personalized picture frame that says something like best dad and the info about the baby, then put a picture of him and the baby in it from the day the baby was born. Its kinda sentimental, so not for all guys. That said, my DH is not sentimental at all, but he "stole" a picture in a frame that I have of DS from the day he was born and he put it on his nightstand (and it is still there almost 5 years later) because that one little thing means so much to him.

You said he doesn't wear jewellery, but would he use cufflinks? You can get one engraved with Daddy & the other with baby's name?

Found this on a website, is a cute idea https://www.gettingpersonal.co.uk/unusual-gifts/name-a-star-gift.htm

Another vote here for not on the high street, my situation is a but different in that im married to a woman, and we have been through a lot to get where we are now, im almost 33 weeks pregnant, an shes not one for jewellery etc but i got a beautiful brown leather bracelet with a silver fastening on it ad had a message inscribed on the leather and i know that she will love it, it wasnt overly expensive either, i paid £40 for it and they gift wrap as well xx

I bought my hubby a golf membership and a new driver a few weeks ago. We're both military and spend a ton of time apart/away from home. This summer being home with baby together for 3 months is going to be amazing for us and the longest time we've spent together in a row. He loves golf and has been talking the whole pregnancy about how he can't wait to teach our daughter to play. I figured getting him a new club and a membership will allow him some "me" time this summer which will definitely be needed as we adjust to being Mommy & Daddy for the first time.

Thank you everyone. He doesn't wear shirts, so cufflinks are out :( we had had joshuas fingerprint embossed on to silver, and the company have kept the mold. I think I'll give him cufflinks on our wedding day, one with joshuas fingerprint, one with this babys. That's the only time I can imagine him wearing them!! The leather bracelet sounds nice, I'll have a look through the website see what I can find, never really been on it before. I got him a leather and silver bracelet for our first anniversary, so he might wear another. x

Does he have/like tattoos? My hubbie does so I may buy him a voucher so he can have babies name/handprint/footprint etc etched on him x

No, I'm tattooed, but he's not. He's a bit of an awkward bugger!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"