Previous Ectopic hoping this one will Stick, please help!!!

mia7771

Reaction score
Hello All,

After 2 ectopics and one tube remaining this will be my last natural go of it. I have been getting my hcg levels tested every 48 hours (which is torture btw) and have been doing nothing but stress. I know its possible to have a healthy baby after Ectopic but it just feels hopeless right now :( IS anyone else going through this out there? My first levels were 38 48hrs later they were 98 48hrs after that they were 283 and i just had another one taken today. At first i was excited that it seems like they are rising normally (i was 4w2d on the last hcg) but now i have read that ectopics can rise normally before they slow down. Im having pains in my hips and tailbone but it doesnt feel the same as when i had the last ectopic. Im so scared, I dont think any pain is good pain and as of yet i have no bleeding.

Has anyone else gone on to have a healthy baby after ectopic? Do these pains in the hips and tail bone sound farmiliar to anyone?

Im so scared this one wont stick :(

Hey i had an ectopic on new year eve and lost my tube i was petrified to try again incase i lost my other tube but i did anyway unfortunatly i had a missed miscarriage (i think it was too soon after ectopic) 6 weeks. But while i was pregant i felt twingles down my right side where my tube was removed. I think its because i hadnt healed properly yet. I also know how stressful hcg testing is i was at my wits end with it. now iv fell pregnant again and confirmed it was in the womb with an early scan and everything is going well so far 11 + weeks. I dont know why my ectopic happened but you really have every chance of conieving again and baby being in the right place. Your chances of having another ectopic are slightly higher but your chances of a successful pregnancy are way higher, now that you have had an ectopic they will keep an extra eye on you early scans etc so hopefully you dont have to go through the same trauma again
also you dont have to have your hcgs done if you find it too stressful i didnt want them done this time round and is bubs is fine you know what you need to by scans my epu says

all the best im sure you will be fine

xxxx

Thanks so much Ali for the hope, I really needed it :) I will be on pins and needles until i get my blood results (the dr has said i can call in and get them this afternoon) I pray they are still rising.

I know nothing about eptopic pregnancies but didn't want to read and run and just wanted to say good luck x

Thanks so much Becky,

Just knowing other women are out there offering support helps more then you will ever know!

Its not good for baby to stress hun, i know its hard not too. But im sure if the doctors saw anything suspicious they would definitely let you know, and from what you've said about you HcG levels .. i think they look GREAT!

:hugs: :hugs: stay positive hun

Thanks Tink!!

Im trying really hard to take deep breaths and not stress. In 3 hours I will have my next Hcg results..... I cant help clock watching. The results will either add some hope, or scare me to death!! keeping my fingers crossed and expecting good news (staying positive) !!!

I don't really know anything about ectopic pregnancies either but didn't want to read and run. I can imagine how nerve wracking it must be and just want to offer my support!

Tell hubby he has to give you a foot massage in order to help you relax, doctors orders!

1 hour and 15 minutes untill i get my next hcg results. I am hopefull but preparing for the worst. I dont think is is possible to have as much pain and discomfort as i am having and still have a healthy baby:( it feels like my body is telling me something my heart doesn't want to accept.

Keeping my fingers crossed......

So Dr office called me early, i just about dropped the phone i was so worried ( i was supposed to call them at 345 and they called me a 3, so assumed bad news)> She says my levels are up to 723!!!! I'm still having cramps on my right side and my tailbone feels really sore, but my hcg's look good? Im going to try and stay positive! Has anyone had good hgs's and ended in ectopic??

my hcg results r:

08/06/09 38
08/08/09 97
08/10/09 283
08/12/09 723
:wacko:

It is good talking to people who have been through similar experiences theres alot of women on here who have had ectopics. Im not the best with numbers lol are those from every 2 days? with my ectopic they were nearly doubling but a few hundred off what they should be. I cant remember if you said you were having an early scan? at 5 weeks they will see a little sac in your uterus so that will definatly put your mind at ease. Also theres been a few girls on here whos hcg hasnt exactly doubled but theyr babies have been absoloutely fine. Some people argue it can take up to 72 hours for them to double. I was once told by a doc they know more with scans/measurments etc than they do with the hcg testing. All the best let me know how your getting on

xxxxx

Hi Ali,

Yes my tests have been every 48 hours they have been going up about 155 - 192 %. Which is above average and makes me think i can be hopeful. However, i think you can still have great numbers and end up with an ectopic....? Your numbers doubled the whole time? did the dr make any diagnosis from your hcg results prior to your US?

Thanks for all the support and understanding Ali! I can't tell you how much i appreciate not feeling alone during this!

Hi Mia,
I had a hetrotropic back in March and lost my left tube i'm now 7+1 and have my scan tomorrow and i'm excited yet slightly terrified.
I decided not to have the blood tests as i thought that would make me anxious so i've just been riding it out until the scan.
Have you got a scan booked? x

Your hcg #'s look good. Sticky :dust:

Hi HUN.

I think your results look great!! :) Fantastic. They can scan you at 1000. So at the next results being 1400 request a scan.
I am currenltly going through treatment for my 2nd ectopic and my levels only got to 372 at exactly 5 weeks. I think you will be fine honey xxx

i know exactly how you feel hun, thoses level tests are torture, i had and ectopic was lucky enough to catch it early and kept my tube, i was so scared going for all the tests when i fell pregnant again 6 months later ( as soon as we were aloud to try) but all was fine and now have a helthy 17 months old.
i really hope it goes well for you , by the soudn of your levels so far it looks good , fingers crossed for you :)

my hcg levels didnt even nearly double with my ectopic pregnancy iu think the first one was around 2000 and then 48 hrs later they were 2400 or something similar

I had an etopic about a year ago.
I have a son who will be three soon.
I recently found out im pregnant.
Seeing a doctor tomorrow cause of previous etopic.
Im so scared and nervous.
I don't know what to expect tomorrow.
Im hoping for the best.
But just so scared.:nope::nope::nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe