Previous Preemie Moms?

katerdid

Momma
Reaction score
Been a bit hormonal and sad today, so this is probably stemming from that, but:

With my DS, I went into spontaneous labor at 30 weeks, was lucky enough to keep him cooking til 35+5, when he was evicted due to pprom.

The dr said I had a pretty decent chance having a normal pregnancy this time, granted I have a higher risk for preterm, but that it doesn't guarantee anything.
The past month I've been having just terrible period-y cramps and cervix pains/pressure. Midwife swabbed me at 24wks for fFN and infections just in case, both were neg.
At my growth scan at 25 weeks (baby has a 1 vessel cord so I get u/s monthly), they did a transvaginal scan too, check on my cervix. All the u/s tech would tell me is that I'm measuring at a 3 (guessing she meant cervix length, not dilation?). Waiting on the report from the head dr on further details/plan of action, etc.
The previous growth scan at 21 weeks I was longer than that - I don't remember how much I just know they said I was long and high and looking spot on for my dates.

I desperately want this baby to be born after 37 weeks, I don't want to have to go through all that stress again. And I want my home birth gosh darn it! Any positive stories to cheer me up are much appreciated!

My son was also born at 35+6 due to PPROM and I was worried that #2 would be similar. I also planned for a home birth - but I kept it in my mind that there was the possibility she might not make it to term due to my history. Unfortunately I missed my HB by 3 days - she was born at 36+5. I was a bit annoyed not to get my HB - especially since she was completely healthy and a perfect weight (7lbs4oz). I just cook babies fast lol.

Anyway I'm now 12w pregnant with #3 and am planning the same. Planning a HB again (though the MW isn't overly optimistic that I'll make it) and if not, my alternate plan is to go to the birthing centre. My thoughts are to plan mentally for both.

But since your son was born early due to PPROM, do they think there's a good chance it was a one-off? They thought my second pregnancy had a good chance of going to term and it almost did. I didn't have PPROM with her - I just went into normal labour. That's why I still have some hope that this one will stay inside a few extra days so I can get my HB. But if not I know I can have a good birth in the centre (or even in hospital) with my MW. Main concern is the health of my LO.

Lots of hugs!
And congrats - we were pregnant at the same time when you had your son (my daughter is almost 2). :hugs:

Well the preterm labor wasn't due to pprom, but yeah, he prolly would of kept on cooking a bit longer if they hadn't broken. They could never really explain why I went into labor so early.

Oh man, that would of killed me, being soooo close to term but not making it for the hb. I'm really struggling with the idea that I won't get my hb - I'm absolutely terrified of the L&D ward now and I think it would just be devastating if I ended up back there. I know I need to come to terms that it just might very well happen, but man, that's HARD! Naturally I would want anything to ensure the health of my baby, but still.

I think I remember you from DS's pregnancy! Congrats on baby #3!

I had my first baby at 34 weeks, and he spent a month in the NICU, and another month on oxygen at home after that. It was a very hard time, and he was very sick (he is a healthy 4 year old now though!). When I was pregnant the second time, I was really scared and had everything ready by 30 weeks. However, he surprised us, and came a week late at 41 weeks!!!! I didn't do anything differently, and had an amazing all natural birth. I am pregnant again, and now at 21 weeks things are so far so good, so we will see. I am hoping and praying this one will stay put until his due date!! :) Good luck with everything!

Did any of you start with a short cervix, I'm 2.cm at 26weeks I'm getting steroid injections In 2weeks

Did any of you start with a short cervix, I'm 2.cm at 26weeks I'm getting steroid injections In 2weeks
I didn't. Mine was high and closed and at the right length til later on.

xxenigmaxx -- thank you for sharing! That does brighten me up :D

My cervix shortened a little bit toward 28 weeks (2.9 I think) with my last pregnancy, and my Peri put it off as normal shortening, so that might just be what yours is too. :D

My cervix shortened a little bit toward 28 weeks (2.9 I think) with my last pregnancy, and my Peri put it off as normal shortening, so that might just be what yours is too. :D

Thanks for replying I started at 2.7 due to cone biopsys and leeps in the past.

Awesome! I am SO glad you mentioned that :) I am carrying very low this time around, so that makes sense to think it's just normal shortening :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->