Private Nursery or Local Authority?

KX

Reaction score
Which are you sending your LO to?

Rebecca has been in private sice she was 4 months old so I will be keeping her in it til she goes to school. PLUS cause we work I couldnt take for eg 7 weeks off for the summer for when the nursery closes, so private suits us better.

I have heard you get a £1500 grant per year when they turn 3, not a lot when it costs £330 a month for 2 days per week!

What you all doing?

Reason Im asking is that cause she has just turned 2 I have received her pre school application through.

xx

Here funding is term after they are 3, but Scotland maybe different.

Funding is for upto 5 2.5 hr sessions per week, not sure how it works if private nursery, I would have thought it would be the same.

If the private nursery is good and Rebecca is settled i personally would be reluctant to move her. We started eldest daughter at our local preschool (take at 2.5 supervised) and she really wasn't her usual self, now goes to pre-school in next village and settled really well. Makes morning school run even more frantic but worth it. Reason I say this is that every environment is different so you could move rebecca to state nursery for term times and she may not even settle. If you can afford to keep her where she is I'd leave her there.

We don't have any private nursery near us ( although not really needed as OH is @ home full time).

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Yes its the same up her 2.5 hours per day, term after they turn 3. we are defo keeping Rebecca in private, just wanted to know everyone elses choices as LA is extremely restrictive for those parents who work.xx

LA is definitely working mum unfriendly.

DD starts @ 9.00 and finishes @ 11.45, so absolutely useless if you a working mum. Can't even work part time.

This country makes me sick that parents have to go out to work yet gives no support. If you are a working mum you should get all your childcare costs paid for by the government, and if you are a stay @ home parent then you should be given some sort of incentive to do so if you wish.

I'll stop now before I end up hijacking your post with a rant.

We are struggling with this decision too. Like everyoe has said LA is no goodduring school holidays but I do want her to goin to a pre-school so she can get to know some of the children she is going to goto school with (plusits a lovely looking school). It is going to depend on what happens after this mat leave, putting 2 into nursery part time will cost me £750 some months as the free spaces are only for 33 weeks so I understand?? Bloody nightmare

Yeah it is divided up over the school term which is rubbish beanie! Im in the exact same predicament-the childcare costs are going to be my wages! Im only going back to work 2.5 days tho.x

Not being funny KX but if u don't go back to work are you any better off with tax credits etc?

Hi

We're going to put Olivia into LA pre-school, on the days I work she will just go the childminder as usual but they will take/collect her from preschool. Similar to Beanie, I like the idea of Olivia getting to know her school pals but we live in a small place.

I think you're doing the right thing for your situation and if Olivia had been in a private nursery I'd probably keep her in there rather than moving her because they're still so young and I think it's important to keep stability in their lives as much as possible.

Megan is in a private day nursery at the moment as i work there but when she gets to the age for pre-school then we will send her there, its not to do with the money but rather her meeting friends that will go to the same school as she will :)

im gonna keep kids in private till callum is old enough for pre-school i think , not really thought over it properly tbh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->