Private scan yesterday!

Laura2806

Mummy to DS & PG w/twins
Reaction score
Yesterday we had second private scan (both for reassurance and this as the NHS won't get me in until almost 14wks) and both babies are measuring ahead, twin 1 by 6days and twin 2 by 4 days! Meaning I'll be almost 15wks at NHS scan!

Twin slept the entire time other than giving us a little wave and twin 2 was facing the wrong way, tech asked me to cough and we wriggled and rolled over perfectly, sat still for pics and measurements and then was pushing off the side like in a swimming pool and stretching his arms out. So sweet!

We got lots of lovely pics and will now most people know we'll announce on fb shortly!

https://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab82/laura_28_06/2896401C-BDFD-44CF-B603-C0C6561AB561_zpsctsc9dfb.jpg

Aww bless what cute pics!!! Congrats on the scan going well, what a shame about your nhs scan, guessing you are missing out on the nt screening then!

Congrats on the scan! The pics look amazing. I can't believe how much they look like real babies at only 12 weeks of life!!! It's incredible.
So jealous of your beautiful twins! I am a fraternal twin myself (love my twin sissy so much!) and have a 1 in 17 chance of having twins. Dh and I pray that one day we will!

Thanks guys, yh looks like I'll miss out as I'll be 14+3 I fought to have the scan earlier but they couldn't care less! Other scans measured spot on but now suddenly a week ahead :shock:

Littlelala it's crazy isn't it! Eeee I hope yours are twins :) we found out at 6+4!

Lovely pics, glad all is well :) My two measured 8+6 and 9+3 at what i knew was 9+1, at 12+3 NT scan they were measuring 13+1 & 13+3 and moved my due date from the 8th feb to 1st Feb! Good news they are growing so well :) xx

Looks like you had a lovely scan experience! Babies are looking great! :)

Lovely pics, congratulations!

I have a private scan on 28th, can't wait! :)

Thanks everyone!

Shells have they stayed at the second date they have you? Hoping the NHS scan doesn't put us back! Quite like almost being out of 1st tri! Lol xxx

Yes they have stayed at the second date - The NHS scan will give you the 'official' date they will all work from.

Once you get to 20 weeks they scan every 4 weeks and take 3 measurements Head and abdominal circumference and the femur length (will appear on paperwork as HC, AC, FL) to give you an estimated weight (EFW) and they will all differ by a few days here and there each time but that perfectly normal - they allow upto 10 days or so either way for human error, but they won't change your date once it is set at the '12 week' scan as this is the most accurate measurement they will ever get :thumbup:

Nice one hun thanks for that :) been told that because they share a placenta scans will fortnightly, will this start at 20wks or later on? Tech said they're MCDA?

ooo yours are MCDA - MonoChorionic (one placenta) DiAmniotic (2 sacs) Often seen as MCDA or MODI = same thing UK/USA (you do know that means they are identical yes? lol)

So yes you will have scans every 2 weeks in that case! Not sure when they start doing those but they will keep a very regular eye on them as they are at a higher risk of complications due to only one placenta.

Yh we were told identical straight away, at 6+4wks then at 9 wks they couldn't say for sure if they are monochorionic and couldn't see any membrane but the membrane is clear now. So she told us diamniotic. All very confusing lol

This scares me that they're higher risk than having two placentas. But I've been reassured of the care I'll get and pray we get to at least 34wks!

I wanna do some research but I'm scared of what Google will tell me lol

Google will make you out of your mind - if you want facts i can pm you a link to a fb group which is for modi - i'm in it only because they have the facts on growth and fluid issues which is what i have with one of my two even though they are DIDI. I have a friend in the USA on there hers are MODI x PM me if you want the link to the page x

Hey ladies. I just had twins confirmed twin a 8w3d twin b 7w5d. Both hb were great 165 & 115 respectfully. I'm ni excited and nervous. Mine are fraternal. I was the 2% chance with taking femara lol. How are you guys feeling? I can't get over how nauseous i am.

congrats MKHewson :flower: Mine are clomid concieved frats (DIDI/DCDA) - both boys so still a 33% they are identical!

I'm coming to the end now and i can say that until 31 weeks i had the most textbook easy twin pregnancy... no morning sickness, no cravings, no nothing... I did develop SPD and one tip i would give now is to look up how to ease the symptoms of SPD and do those things even if you don't have it, to prevent it!! Once you have it, you have it! Can't be undone until you give birth, prevention is better than trying to maintain it once you have it. It comes on suddenly out of nowhere and is the only thing i can say has caused me any real problems.

Make sure you ladies have as much done as you possibly can by 30 weeks... as easy as mine had been, now i'm struggling to breath, eat, walk, sleep... wouldn't change it for the world, but it's not easy towards the end with two babies growing inside you, pushing on everything and anything they can.

No better feeling than two babies kicking and wriggling together to make it all worth while!! There is a twin parenting section, but it's used by expecting ladies too, twin pregnancy is very different from a singleton one (apparently, i have nothing to compare it too so have no idea lol). You will get the right advice from those who have been through it over there :thumbup:

I'm 34 weeks and have a scan on xmas eve due to growth issues with one of mine, and could be holding my babies by xmas morning!

Lol thanks hun I'll see how I go! Don't want to worry myself lol but I shall def consider it!

Congrats mk! Isn't it amazing! For me it's been serious exhaustion, eating like a pig, feeling sick, and now heartburn and the start of spd which I had with my lb too. Also I can't get around Morrison's without feeling really ill, cut my shopping short yesterday cause I needed to get outside, bug then I have asthma and I think that is a major cause of it!

Shells thanks for th top :thumbup: I'll be ready by 29 weeks haha our plan after Christmas is get the current decorating finished, do our lb`s room then crack I'm with the nursery and if we can get big things in the sales, we will! Credit card will come out lol I hope to work about 32wks, is that realistic? Lol only takes me to end April :shock:

I got all emotional reading that! Your baby boys could be here in just a couple of days :)

My plan was to work until 33+5 weeks (17th dec) then use 2 weeks annual leave over Xmas with maternity starting on 2nd Jan at around 36 weeks... at 31 weeks my blood pressure had other ideas! I've been desk bound since finding out it was twins ( over protective boss) midwife said it's time to slow down. Up until then I'd had no issues at all but I listened and I'm actually signed off sick until jan 2nd (i get full pay) and work are happy I'm finished and relaxing. Obviously only a week later we find out about the growth and fluid issue and I'm so glad I'm not working because it means I can rest and make sure my little man is taking the calories instead of me burning then off :) x

Laura, I'm so envious that you have a pic of your twins together! I went for a scan last week and only got individual ones!

I'm struggling majorly with gagging at the moment. I probably gag 20 times a day and if I don't quickly shove a lolly in my mouth I'll vomit! It's horrid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->