Private Scan??

mummyluv

Reaction score
So me and OH were coming back from my Doctors appointment and we were in the car discussing the baby's gender and got onto the topic of a private scan. I'm 15 weeks now and Wasn't sure wether you could find put at around 16 weeks and if so would it be worth booking a private scan to find out the gender early.

Also if I did get a private scan would I still get one on the NHS at 20 weeks.

Thanks xxx

Private places can tell from 16 weeks I think but I personally would get one after my 20 week one to confirm and yes you would still get your 20 week one too

I had a private scan at 16 weeks with my last baby to find out the gender, cost £50 and we got told the gender as well as getting to see the baby in tonnes of detail without it feeling rushed. It was such a lovely experience. We've booked one for this baby too.

You'll still get your 20 week scan as the private one doesn't check for abnormalities (although if they see any they'll usually let ur midwife know) and its worth getting a 2nd opinion on the gender too!

hello hun im 15 weeks 4 days and i am getting one on monday :) i will be 16 week 2 yes they should defintally be able to tell the sex i saw reviews and they show you the bits the self and if they dont know 100 percent they bring you back week later for 3 when are you thinking of getting one ? xx

Well we decided to book one and it's on Sunday so I'll be 16 weeks exact. It's £79 but you get a short 4D scan as well. I think to get the pictures for the 4D one you have to pay but I'm not sure.

aww good luck i get a free 3d preview they said to me 4d is not the best untill your 20- weeks plus mines monday update usxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->