Pro Sleep IP

Reaction score
Finally got round to buying a car seat and have found the Mamas and Papas Pro Sleep IP is half price at the minute and is only £65. Its for 0-13kg, so hopefully will last up to a year. Does anyone know anything about this car seat as I haven't found any reviews online?
We don't have a car, its just going to be used for when we get lifts to places and to come home from hospital. We want an infant carrier one so that when we do get lifts around, we can take the whole seat out and our LO can just stay in the seat (it reclines flat when out of a car).
Is it a good option do you think? If not, can anyone recommend another that would be any good for us? We don't really want to be spending any more that this, as we wont get that much use out of it.

I have just got this car seat and if you are only using it for popping around placing i wouldnt recommend it as its heavy! I have bought it for the car and thats where it will be staying most of the time, already with the weight of a 3 n half month old and the seat, its real heavy and I would say I am fairly strong.

The laying down option is good though and its fairly roomy

we have this car seat, heres my opinions;

Pros;
It lies flat when put on a compatable chasis which means you don't have to worry about the 2 hour health and safety limit on car seats.

It's easy to route the belt round the seat in the car.

It's very sturdy once in car

Cons;

It's very heavy, especially with LO in.

Partly because of the weight issue it can be difficult to fix to my pram chasis.

It took us a few weeks to realise there were instructions in the back panal of the car seat! :dohh:

All in all it does it's job and i've never worried about my LO's safety in the seat. I also like the idea of it reclining. At £65 it's a bargain compared to others on the market but i do warn you about the weight of it, I struggle with it and my Lo's only 13 weeks old, i dread to think how heavy it will be when she's a bit older!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->