Probably a silly question but I shall ask anyway!

mrs_park

Mummy to THREE BOYS!
Reaction score
I'm feeling ill :( Headache, sore throat, nasty cough and generally crappy. It's the first time I've gotten sick since Isaac was born and I am really worried about him getting sick. Am I right in thinking antibodies in my milk protect him from catching illness from me?

Its not 100%, so whilst he will have some protection, he may still get ill. The antibodies in BM will help him fight it and create a stronger immunity for next time.

It can be horrible but if he is really suffering, try saline nasal drops froma blocked nose and Calpol if he has a temp, cough or seems rough! They don't last too long.

Good luck!

I've been ill with colds a few times and Abbie's never caught it! Someone on here told me that of baby does get it, when he feeds your body will produce extra antibodies than normal via the milk, to help him get better! Tbh I've never researched whether it's true, but it sure sounds good!

I had a bad cold about a month ago and was worried that my LO would catch it. One morning he had a blocked nose and a slight cough so I asked my OH to buy a nasal aspirator and nose spray. By the time he had got home 8 hours later my LOs symptoms had completely cleared up...I was pretty impressed at the power of boobie juice.

When lo was about 2 months old i got really sick. I was worried about bf but i was told it was okay, so i went ahead. She never got sick :)

When lo was about 2 months old i got really sick. I was worried about bf but i was told it was okay, so i went ahead. She never got sick :)

Thanks hun, I hope Isaac doesn't get it, he has never been sick and I like it that way :)

hi hun :) i remember a thread a short while ago basically saying that when your lo feeds any germs pass from them to your nipple giving them some immunity for the next feed and that bm really is liquid gold:thumbup: something like that:haha: you know what i'm like:haha: i think summer rain posted it :thumbup: x

oh and hope you feel better soon:thumbup: being ill and having to feed and take of lo is tough:hugs::hugs: x

Thanks Hun!

Feeling much better apart from this lingering cough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->