probably a silly question...

Soos

Mommy!
Reaction score
hi there ladies!

i'm planning to use cloth diapers for my son (already started ordering them online). anyways, my question is..

..from what i understand, baby will feel wet as soon as he does n1 or n2, right? what do you do when you go for a walk? ok in summer it's not a problem to quickly change bub's nappy, but what about cold time of the year? i'm kinda puzzled

I dont think they feel wet as soon as they go. A good absorbant nappy (diaper) can last 2-4 hours in the day and a night nappy can last over 12 hours! Fleece liners help make sure the baby doesnt feel the wetness against their skin as well. It would be terribly inconvenient to change LOs nappy as soon as he wees! (Always change it the minute you can when he poos, even in a disposable!) But if you are out and about, you can always wait til you get to a suitable place to change LO, there doesnt have to be a rush or anything. If you had to change it as soon as he wees, you'd change the nappy about 50 times a day and you'd do a lot of washing! If that was your plan, you would be better off doing ec (evacuation communication)

thank you sooo much for the answer! For some reason i thought that cloth makes them feel wet as soon as they pee. but this is my first one so i had no clue :) thanks again! Im buying mostly ai2 and aio diapers with bamboo/microfleece inserts based on reviews over here and on two other huge cloth diaper forums. But yesterday i kind of puzzled myself with this going for a walk in cloth diaper moment.
xx

I think the idea about baby feeling wet is because cloth nappies don't absorb the wee as quickly as disposables, but once it is absorbed baby can't feel it unless the nappy is overfull. This is actually quite good for the baby because they realise they have done a wee so it may make potty training easier, but it doesn't have any bad effect as the wee is then drawn away from the skin.

I think the idea about baby feeling wet is because cloth nappies don't absorb the wee as quickly as disposables, but once it is absorbed baby can't feel it unless the nappy is overfull. This is actually quite good for the baby because they realise they have done a wee so it may make potty training easier, but it doesn't have any bad effect as the wee is then drawn away from the skin.

yeah that's the moment i wasn't sure about. i thought that baby will feel properly wet and will start crying because of that which is not very convenient if we go for a walk. but i guess changing bubs right before going outside will do the trick

hi there ladies!

i'm planning to use cloth diapers for my son (already started ordering them online). anyways, my question is..

..from what i understand, baby will feel wet as soon as he does n1 or n2, right? what do you do when you go for a walk? ok in summer it's not a problem to quickly change bub's nappy, but what about cold time of the year? i'm kinda puzzled

They do feel wet immediately, which is a learning process, but this doesn't make them cry, and you don't need to change the nappy immediately it is wet. A good washable nappy should last between feeds, unless it is dirtied. If you have a fleece lining, the wet will quickly wick into the nappy behind, and the baby will feel comfortably dry again.

The fact that they feel wet immediately allows them to connect the sensation of weeing, with the wetness, so they start to learn cause and effect from birth, making cloth bummed babies earlier to potty train.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->