Probably made a mistake - that made me wonder...

P

petal040

Well I am still confused about when to start weaning and also feel worried about going back to work when LO is 7 and a half months old as she won't accept a bottle or cup at the moment. I know she might by then but it still worries me - and makes me feel even more that I should start weaning (as does the idea that the government guidelines are apparently changing back to 4 months?)...

So... it says on the Healthy Start government website (might have got the name of that wrong)... to do the banana test to see if LO is ready or not.

So... I tried it. LO picked up the banana - it slipped out of her hand loads of times until she eventually got it sideways with two hands and took it to her mouth and gummed it (as she does with everything). After a (very) short while she seemed to be sick. Very little sick came out but a few bits of banana did.

So... I won't be trying that again for a while LOL!! It felt strangely reassuring to know that her gag reflex obviously worked and won't let things down there that shouldn't be there...

But... it's made me wonder... when does the being sick stop? If she was ready for weaning - would she not be sick? The guideline said if they can pick the food up, put it to their mouth, bite and swallow they are ready... so I am guessing this means swallow without regurgitating? Is that something that comes with age? Or does she have to learn not to gag by doing it again until she gets used to it?

Would she also sick up purees then?

I'm so confused! And feel really stupid for not 'getting' this... ? :nope:

She possibly wouldn't sick the puree ..but that still doesnt mean she is ready. The fact she sicked the banana is a fairly good sign that she isn't ready, not conclusive though ...

I know banana was the first thing Izzy actually had, she was just over 4 mths then, (even before the dreaded rice) because we were away on holiday with nothing prepared and my mum said to test with the banana - Izzy wasn't sick at all..in fact I think that first ever go she ate 1/4 of a banana!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->