Problem with bedtime feed

Pielette

Mum to little men
Reaction score
Hi ladies.

This problem is really getting to me, which I know isn't helping. Every evening my baby is just not that interested in nursing. He doesn't focus properly and comes off constantly, which inhibits my letdown. Sometimes I've tried for half an hour to get him to nurse and it just won't work and I have to give up.

I wouldn't mind but it then means at some point during the night he'll wake up hungry. It's usually in the evening which isn't too big an issue but if I'm unlucky it'll be once I've gone to bed.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? Is there anything you can suggest to get the letdown to come faster? Once the milk has arrived he happily gulps it down but until it does he's not bothered.

I don't have a problem with letdown at any of his other feeds. He eats a lot of dinner but I don't want to not allow him what he wants to eat.

Have you tried either feeding him a bit later or moving his earlier feed/dinner to a bit earlier so he's properly hungry at his bedtime feed? You could also try feeding him but if he's not interested/unlatching a lot, just stop, put him down and do something else for a few minutes. Even with a baby, it's amazing what taking it away can do for their desire to have it :rofl:.

Really relaxing might help you too. Do you do something while feeding him? Watch TV, read a book etc? Anything to take your mind off needing to 'achieve a letdown' :)

Thank you for your reply :flower:

I think that's my problem at the moment, I'm so aware that we could have an issue even before we start that it's making it worse. I know I need to relax. Maybe I'll try reading a book to see if it distracts me enough.

I could make dinner earlier. We eat dinner at 5pm though so any earlier seems like it's too early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->