Prodomal Labor to Active Labor

C

CMarie

Hey Ladies! :flower:

I had my bloody show on July 1st and started experiencing regular, but not super painful contractions with a backache since last Sunday (July 3) night. I kinda figured I was in early labor and it was confirmed by my doctor this past Thursday (July 7) when I found out I was 1 1/2cm dilated and 70% effaced. My doctor said that by the sounds of it I'm in prodomal labor which is long early labor.

Tonight, however, I'm starting to wonder if I could be really progressing. I've started to get contractions about 7 minutes apart that last about 50 seconds long. They're getting very severe in my back as well. Earlier today I had contractions, but I could easily focus on something else. Now I really have to breathe through them and I can't take my mind off of them. My only worry is that they're also very sharp...so sharp that I'm crying :wacko: I don't know if that's just my little guys head ramming down on my cervix (he's already dropped) or if it's part of a contraction?

Anyways, I was just wondering if you ladies have any advice on what I should do. This is my first pregnancy so I have no idea if I should go to the hospital yet or try to wait it out.

:hugs:

They advise you wait untill contractions are 3 minutes apart and last for 60 seconds plus, when this happens or u feel like you cant cope with the pain at any point phone your labour ward

I feel for you. I had about 4 days of strong contractions I was properly needing to breathe through & stand for. I never went into active labour, my waters broke & I was induced.

if i were you i'd phone the hospital and chat to a midwife about it, only you can decide if you want the security of hospital yet or not. if its too painful to think you probably need to go in :thumbup: best of luck!

Well I went to bed after writing this little post and woke up with the contractions further apart and not as strong :( Thanks for all the responses though ladies :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->