Progesterone below 10 at 8weeks

Kern

Reaction score
My dr called a few days ago and told me I needed to be on progesterone. I'm worried with how late I am in the first tri now, I just started taking it yesterday at 9 weeks. And now I'm convincing myself my pregnancy symptoms are disappearing, I'm not nearly as sick. Think I should worry? :cry:

I've heard that progesterone supplements work really quickly, so I'm sure everything will be fine! Your doctor caught the issue and found a good solution. Plenty of women go on progesterone supplements later in their pregnancies, and symptoms come and go.

Did your nausea go away when you started the supplements? I've heard of a lot of women who found that progesterone made their MS better (though for some it makes it worse). It could just be your body adjusting to the supplements.

Ah good point, it does seem I've not been as sick since I've started progesterone. Interesting! I had a horrible dream I went in for a scan and they couldn't find a heartbeat. It was awful and felt so real, shook me up a bit today. Thanks for the comforting words! :hugs:

Ah good point, it does seem I've not been as sick since I've started progesterone. Interesting! I had a horrible dream I went in for a scan and they couldn't find a heartbeat. It was awful and felt so real, shook me up a bit today. Thanks for the comforting words! :hugs:

I've been on progesterone supplements since a few days past ovulation. I haven't had much queasiness or morning sickness, and I was queasy at this stage with my first pregnancy. I don't know if it's due to the supplements, but I know that it's nice to have the reassurance of morning sickness! I'm sure everything's OK. When do you have your next blood draw or scan?

Kern I am also almost in the exact same boat (9w today) and my progesterone just came back lower than they would like. I feel your pain. Supplements do work quickly. Keep in mind if you are on vaginal it will not change your blood levels, but works locally in the uterus. Also I agree all supplements work quickly.

After a lot of reading there are a couple things to consider. Have you had an ultrasound and if so was everything measuring good? Any spotting or cramping?

My symptoms kind of went away too (maybe back a little today or just my crazy brain messing with me). Since the placenta is taking over at about the same time, that could also cause a decrease of symptoms.

Such a wild ride and I wish you the best. I would say try not to stress...but I know that is almost impossible. I will say just try to stay positive though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->