Progesterone cream question

Dawn2411

Mom of 2 girls and 2 boys
Reaction score
When should I start using this, how often and when do I stop using it? Thanks:flower:

Day after you confirm ovulation until AF arrives - I'm assuming you are charting and know when you ovulate?

Thanks NS I was wondering the same...
Do you stop when AF arrives or a couple of days before AF arrives?
I am going to start using the cream soon, apart from helping me to get a BFP I also hope that it balances my hormones a little as Oestrogen is giving grief right now

I use the opk's so there is no doubt when I ovulate, I'm no good at temping etc.. lol. I tried using the cream before and it seemed to postpone a/f. Should I stop taking it a day or two before a/f is due so it dosen't do this?

I don't usually post anything but...thought it might help. I loved how I felt when using the natural progesterone cream. Make sure to confirm ovulation before starting at about 3DPO. Use the cream until at least 14DPO and then test - if BFN, then stop using the cream and wait for AF. For me, I did not get AF (only a little spotting) until I stopped the cream.

I will say that although I loved the natural progesterone cream (make sure to get USP grade), it did not boost my progesterone levels enough (although it did some). I ended up having to get a prescription for prometrium at 7DPO this past cycle. At 12DPO BFN and I was so sad and wanted to stop the progesterone and move onto the next cycle. My RE advised me to stick it out 2 more days and on the morning of 15DPO very dark positive with a FRER. I am still in shock. Tried a few months of clomid, found out I have hypothyroidism this cycle and took a month off of clomid and then this. Life is weird. If I would've stopped the prometrium, good chance I would've caused a MC and never known I had conceived. Also if you do conceive - DO NOT STOP THE CREAM!

Hope I didn't butt in where I wasn't wanted but I just came across this post and figured this info was important to share if you didn't already know.

Thank you very much for the info Marialex!! It is very helpful.
Did you feel better then when using the prog cream?

You CAN stop 2 days before AF is due, but like Marialex said it is also possible to keep going, progesterone cream is not strong enough to stop AF in its tracks.

IDK if it delays AF, I've only tried it one cycle, and it didn't do that for me, it's only to give you a gentle boost and as per Marialex if you are seriously progesterone deficient then the dreaded cooter tabs are the way to go :thumbup:

I guess everyone is different. The cream (I was using close to 1/2 teaspoon 2x per day which is double what a lot of people use) took my 7DPO numbers from 7 one month to 14.4 the second month(in US standards) so it did make a significant difference for me. Could that really be because i had a stronger O thos montj though? Maybe so. Anyway, my RE said 20 is much better, hence the dreaded "cooter" :haha:tabs as NorthStar said are necessary. But I do not like them - make me super tired and cranky and kind of gross when DTD (sorry if TMI).
I hope if this pg is sticky and I make it through the first trimester, I can switch to the cream. I have read a lot of studies about it helping with blood pressure issues and water weight gain throughout pregnancy. Who knows if that is true. I had no PMS whatsoever with the cream so that is a huge bonus. And my AF was fresh blood (had seemed a little scant and brownish lately)...sorry again if TMI.

Good luck if you try it. I don't think it could hurt. If you feel great, you will know you were progesterone deficient. Hubby and I also used maca liquid and damiana the last 2 months but don't know if that made a difference...

Just a FYI, but I too dreaded the cooter tabs and when I mentioned this to my doc, he said, 'so why don't you just take oral prometrium.':dohh:

Just a FYI, but I too dreaded the cooter tabs and when I mentioned this to my doc, he said, 'so why don't you just take oral prometrium.':dohh:

Are you taking them orally now? I heard the side effects are worse and the absorption is less if taken orally? I am not trying to complain but I would love to hear that it wasn't necessary to shove these pills up my lady parts for the next 3 months...but am also afraid to change anything. No matter what, I guarantee I will find something to freak out about:shrug::dohh:! I guess that is just me.

Yes, I am on 200mg of oral prometruim, once a day and I cannot tell yo how bad the SEs are in comparison to the cooter tabs, bc I have never tried them...:hugs:

OH, excuse my ignorance, is it once a day or twice a day the progesterone cream?

Twice a day, morning and night Sus.
And, it's greasy and horrible, doesn't absorb all that well :nope:

Thanks N, twice a day it is.

Ewwwww greasy!!! I heard of the bad smell but greasy as well... yuck!

Sus, greasy is an understatement.:nope: Your clothes will stick to you.:cry:

Oh no! Nice..... yuck! I just hope it helps me... sticky and smelly... lovely lol

Oh no! Nice..... yuck! I just hope it helps me... sticky and smelly... lovely lol

I would suggest not using any area where the skin is exposed all day, bc you will notice it bc it feels like things are sticking to you.:haha:

Hey - I used it twice a day as well. But just wondering what type of cream you all used?? Mine had absolutely no odor and absorbed completely into the skin within a minute or so. Mine was called Pure-gesterone and came from an herbalist near me. Maybe we are talking about a different product entirely. Like I said, I LOVED it! The stuff I used can even be put on your face.

Am I allowed to post a link??
https://www.amazon.com/Pure-gesterone-Natural-Hormone-Replacement-Therapy/dp/B00238OCVK

I would suggest not using any area where the skin is exposed all day, bc you will notice it bc it feels like things are sticking to you.:haha:

Well that won´t be good.

Can you imagine if my training materials got stuck to my arms? My learners will think that I am a weirdo :haha::haha::haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->