Progesterone cream

Ava7

Reaction score
I am breastfeeding ds (2) and ttc#2 but have a luteal phase defect. 6-7 days. I'm taking vitex, b6 and pre natal vits all to no avail. Can anyone in the UK recommended a natural progesterone cream? TIA

Can you use that whilst breastfeeding? I know obviously it's a hormone you make by yourself, but I'm wondering if the added dose would do anything regarding breastfeeding.
Anyway, you can't get it here because it isn't licensed but you can order it and have it imported. I used to use Biovea, they do bottles of cream 2 for about £40 including delivery and take about a week to arrive since it comes from the US. I didn't have any problems with it, but the one thing which did happen was it seemed to stop working for me after a few cycles. I swapped to Cyclogest pessaries instead which have been fab, they have made much more of a difference. If I were you I would save your pennies and speak to your GP about Cyclogest instead. Especially if your own levels are much lower than they ought to be, as the cream is only 20mg per pump, the pessaries are 400mg usually. I asked for double the 200mg instead so I could space them twice each day as it seemed logical to cover the day and night since it starts to drop over the day

Hi and thanks for the reply. Yes you can use it while bf although it can cause a drop in supply (something I'm not worried about seeing as ds is 2 and i have an oversupply!)

Thanks I will speak to gp about cyclogest. I just assumed they wouldn't prescribe it until I've weaned ds. I have always had low progesterone due to endo and my lp was 10-11 days before ds but 6-7 days is just ridiculous.

Oh I see, in that case I don't see why they would worry about prescribing it unless you want to definitely keep breastfeeding for the foreseeable. If you're not bothered about it then I would imagine they'll prescribe it if you're trying, especially given they're aware of your issues. But if those problems are worse then it's worth telling them, a 6-7 day lp is wayyy too short! You could try acupuncture and foods that are known to boost progesterone on top of your routine too for now, but hopefully they will prescribe them! If they won't, then I would ask why. You can order the pessaries online but I don't know how reliable that is as you won't be able to order them in the UK and I don't know of a reputable website that sells them, in that instance you could try the cream. Many swear by it and it really helped me for a while. I think my problem was more the amount I was using as I was using more and more of it since I keep having chemicals and I found my temps were still dipping early on, I think I saturated my skin too much and when this happens it just sits in fat tissue instead. If you do go for the cream then use it only on thin skin areas. But if you can get the pessaries then use those. They may prescribe the oral tablets, if they do you can use those vaginally, which is best

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->