Progesterone level is 3.4

rustyswife828

TTC 2nd miracle baby
Reaction score
Hey lovely ladies! Not really getting help on the TTC side but wanted to see if you had low progesterone levels and still ended up with a beautiful healthy baby..

So I was on clomid this cycle.. and I had watery cm around CD 12 and had watery cm for 5-6 days... as of right now I have TONS I MEAN TONS of creamy cm.. I checked internal and it was just globs and globs of creamy cm..
I have all the pregnancy symptoms.. fatigue, cramps, nausea, sore nipples, achy breasts..

I had blood work done on CD 22 and my level of progesterone is 3.4 and she said I didn't ovulate so they're putting me on 100mg of clomid next cycle..

Has anyone had a successful pregnancy with low progesterone level?

Sorry, no experience with the progesterone part of the question (I've never had mine tested).

But I am slightly confused with your bigger question -- are you trying to figure out if you are currently pregnant?

Or are you wondering if you were to get pregnant in the future if it would be a problem?

My level when I was pregnant with my first daughter was 4.something I was put on progesterone right away and she is now 3 each pregnancy when I get my positive I start it right away.

Sorry, no experience with the progesterone part of the question (I've never had mine tested).

But I am slightly confused with your bigger question -- are you trying to figure out if you are currently pregnant?

Or are you wondering if you were to get pregnant in the future if it would be a problem?

Yes! Oh gosh the symptoms are just absolutely on target.. I can't shake this feeling that I'm pregnant.. even today when I went to the loo and after a bowel movement I wiped and there was HUGE globs of creamy lotiony CM.. That's happened when I was pregnant last time.. it's just when the nurse told me I didn't ovulate it made me wonder if I did ovulate and conceived but my progesterone level is probably just low..

My level when I was pregnant with my first daughter was 4.something I was put on progesterone right away and she is now 3 each pregnancy when I get my positive I start it right away.

Oh.. that's good to know. When did you start testing? Makes me want to test everyday because I would hate to be pregnant right now with progesterone level of a 3.4
I'm just freaking out cause 4 years ago I got pregnant on clomid but sadly I miscarried at 8 weeks.

I start testing 8dpo earliest I thought I seen a line was 9dpo and this pregnancy I seen a line at 10dpo and when I had my levels checked t days after the positive test my hcg was only 60 so it was only around 15 when I got the positive praying this is your month!

Oh and this pregnancy my progesterone was 10.4 so still low

To answer your question, yes, I've went on to have healthy babies on Clomid for low progesterone...I took Clomid to produce a stronger ovulation, which will naturally create more progesterone. Once I got my bfp, I went on vaginal progesterone suppositories until I was 16 weeks along. HTH!

I had a progesterone level of 7.8 at 8 weeks with DD. I was supplementing already at that point (I start progesterone at bfp) due to a history of miscarriage but it was still pretty low. So it is possible to be pg with a low progesterone level.

However, I also know that low progesterone levels before AF are a good indication of an anovulatory cycle and you can have pg symptoms as PMS symptoms too-even if you didn't ovulate. It's so very hard to say because hormones do very weird things to our bodies...

The only thing you can do is either test or get a beta done to see what your hCG levels are and go from there. Good luck!

I start testing 8dpo earliest I thought I seen a line was 9dpo and this pregnancy I seen a line at 10dpo and when I had my levels checked t days after the positive test my hcg was only 60 so it was only around 15 when I got the positive praying this is your month!

Wow! Yeah I'm definitely going to be testing the next 7 days! Got a bunch of those dollar tree tests! I'm really hoping this is my month too! I just feel different overall and I never hardly get nauseated and queasy daily! And I'm constantly having cramps daily also! I'm terrified that my progesterone is low and I am pregnant. So I need to find out asap if I am pregnant so she can prescribe me progesterone!! Cause she thinks the reason for my miscarriage 5 years ago was due to my progesterone being low!

Rustys wife, in what units are your Prog measured? If its nMol/L then you definitely did not ovulate. I had loads of EWCM on the cycle Clomid didnt make me Ovulate. Theres other international units that progesterone gets measured in that may mean you did O.. On the cycle I conceived my Progesterone was only 14.8 nMol/L and although they want to see atleast 30 for pregnancy, I am now 15 weeks and only took Prog from weeks 8 - 12. Hope this helps...

Well this could be it... 5 years ago when I was pregnant I was sooo irritable that I didn't want to be around anyone, not talk to me etc.. and I would get emotional if one person got on my nerves and I would cry!

Well I was late for work today and when my boss said something I literally had to hold back from emotioanally breaking down.. and I've just been bitchy and in an extreme irritable mood...

Took an dollar tree hpt this morning and it was a :bfn: but I'm having all the classic signs, nausea, queasiness, mood swings, abdominal cramping, sometimes gagging at the thought of food.. sense of smell seems to be stronger and achy breasts and very sore nipples...and this one time sharp sudden pain right above my butt.. very low back.. lasted for a couple of minutes though.

Is a pinching pulling cramp a good sign? It's like on the left side of my abdominal.. Stomach feels like there's pressure / bloating..

Just posted this on a different thread.

Not meaning to burst your bubble, but I don't think you've ovulated yet. Doctor's apparently like to see 10 unmedicated, 15 medicated to indicate ovulation. Anything over 5 at the very bare minimum. Just from what I Googled.

Anything is possible though! Hopefully all your symptoms mean you're just about to ovulate and will get your BPF shortly after!

With this pregnancy, my progesterone was a 7 at 14 dpo.

In my previous two pregnancies, my progesterone was low when my RE checked my HCG levels. The first time, it was a 5.something and the second time, it was a 2.5. These both ended in miscarriage, but since my progesterone was not tested before I got my BFP, I can't say if it was higher and then dropped, or if it had been low from the very beginning. My RE said that low progesterone is usually not a good sign in pregnancy but there are exceptions. She couldn't say for sure if the low progesterone caused miscarriages or if it was the result of a pregnancy destined to fail. Just in case though, with this pregnancy, as soon as she got my first blood work with my HCG and progesterone of 7, she put me on suppositories to take at bedtime. The highest it ever got while she was checking it was a 12 at 8 weeks pregnant.

My first pregnancy, I have no idea what my progesterone was. My RE at the time didn't check it. It was probably low then too because I have PCOS.

Ok so my temp stayed up but not sure which detector I should use?

First one is FAM
Second is advanced
Third is Research

Attachments

• IMG_2086.jpg
    IMG_2086.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2087.jpg
    IMG_2087.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2088.jpg
    IMG_2088.jpg