Progesterone levels - doc has confused me?!?!

hanrh

Reaction score
Hi all, hope you don't mind me posting its quick question...

So... Just been to the docs as they called me in about my 21 day blood results. Normal doc was away so saw her replacement. He said progesterone was low and indicated I didn't ovulate. My level was 54. I have looked on line and all I can find is people saying it should be over 30! Does anyone know much about this and could help??? Doctor said I needed to come back to see normal doctor so she can tell me more. I'm so confused?!!!

Hi hun yes 30 is the level needed to show ovulation 54 is a great number!!! Maybe it was about something different?

I agree with Nimbec, sounds like your doc was confused (see below). When is your normal doc back? Try not to worry until you chat to her!

Here's what I found:

Possible interpretation of results assuming the test is properly timed are:
1. Progesterone > 30nmol/l – ovulation has occurred and the corpus luteum is producing sufficient progesterone to induce adequate secretory changes in the endometrium to assist implantation.
2. Progesterone 3-30 nmol/l &#8211; ovulation has occurred > 10 days ago or < 5 days ago, or if ovulation did occurr 5-10 days ago, the level is probably not adequate to sustain endometrial growth for satisfactory implantation.
3. Progesterone >120 nmol/l &#8211; two or more follicles have been recruited
4. Progesterone < 3nmol/l &#8211; no ovulation in previous 14 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->