Progesterone Question, Please Help!

NavyLadybug

Mom to Magnus & Lyle
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here was on progesterone, specifically a medicine called Crinone 8% (90mg).

My progesterone came back really low, only 5.1, when my Dr said at bare minimum it should have been 11 or higher (Preferably in the 20's) and so she put me on Crinone 8% once a day. I've been reading where women with that low of a result were told to take it twice a day as they needed replacement instead of a supplement. Or is it that Crinone 8% is double the dose of Crinone 4% (45mg) so it doesn't need to be taken twice a day?

Has anyone had a result that low and only taken it once a day?

Thank you!

I was on crinone twice a day until 30 weeks. I started in it with this pregnancy but then I changed clinics and they changed me at 7 weeks to cyclogest 400mg twice daily. Good luck.

I was wondering if anyone here was on progesterone, specifically a medicine called Crinone 8% (90mg).

My progesterone came back really low, only 5.1, when my Dr said at bare minimum it should have been 11 or higher (Preferably in the 20's) and so she put me on Crinone 8% once a day. I've been reading where women with that low of a result were told to take it twice a day as they needed replacement instead of a supplement. Or is it that Crinone 8% is double the dose of Crinone 4% (45mg) so it doesn't need to be taken twice a day?

Has anyone had a result that low and only taken it once a day?

Thank you!

I think the idea here is that some doctors rather you have two spread out doses so that your levels stay relatively the same throughout the day, where some doctors don't think that matters as much. I am on progesterone, but not the same type as you. Docs usually prescribe 200 mg of mine once a day at night because the discharge can be really bothersome during the day, but some docs like to spread out the 200mg to 100mg twice a day so that the hormone is steady throughout the day. I think it's just a preference thing. As long as you are getting the 90mg a day it's all good. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->