Progesterone without knowing the levels? Urgent

Marumi

36, DS 7 and 2
Reaction score
I bled a bit on Saturday but it stopped right away. The scan showed a tiny embryo, 1 week smaller than assumed and the doctor suggested I take progesterone tablets (vaginally)

I did not have any blood work done. It was an emergency appointment. Bloodwork will be done in two weeks if I am still pregnant.

Can progesterone be taken as a precaution? Are there any risks? I just wouldn't want to mess up a healthy pregnancy.

And what does it do to help?

I have no history of low progesterone but with DS2 the fertility clinic had me take it as a precaution from ovulation to AF or until 3 months if BFP. DS2 turned out perfectly well and healthy at 9 months :)

Went to same clinic as was having trouble conceiving #3 and same thing I'm 7 weeks now taking crinone vaginal cream.

I read somewhere that a lot of mc are due to a drop in progesterone.

I have no history of low progesterone but with DS2 the fertility clinic had me take it as a precaution from ovulation to AF or until 3 months if BFP. DS2 turned out perfectly well and healthy at 9 months :)

Went to same clinic as was having trouble conceiving #3 and same thing I'm 7 weeks now taking crinone vaginal cream.

I read somewhere that a lot of mc are due to a drop in progesterone.

Interesting...I got pregnant right away both times but idk if this says anything about my progesterone. I was a bit worried because some reported bleeding AFTER taking it :nope: but I guess it can not end a healthy pregnancy realistically.

If some people reported bleeding after taking it maybe they were taking it because of known low progestrone which I believe can cause bleeding so it was a coincidence.

I had a scan yesterday I'm 7+4 and everything was perfect so I'll keep taking prog until 12 weeks.

I would go with what your doctor advised, I don't believe they would put you at any unnecessary risk :)

Yes, it is often given as a precaution. It cannot hurt you or the baby.

Thank you both! I took my second dose of progesterone and my uterus sure seems to be working overtime. I feel really weird. Hoping it helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->