progesterone

LoveLost

Reaction score
Hey ladies i'm hoping someone can help with this. This is my first month on progesterone, and I am just wondering when to stop taking it. My docotr said to wait until I get my period but I have done a hpt this morning at 13dpo BFN usually if I was pregnant it would show up at 10dpo.

My cycles are long to being with so I don't want to prolong it any longer when i'm not pg. Do you think it is ok to stop it now or should I just leave it be and keep taking it??

Thanks

My doctor told me to wait and test at 14dpo and then if I was not pregnant to stop taking it, and let my period come. (I have to go and get a blood draw at 14dpo, if i am still getting negative hpt's to make sure)
My understanding is that the progesterone will prolong your LP, and while it wouldn't stop your period for sure, it would be very confused. I am not sure what your doctor is talking about, wait for your period, that could be a long wait.

My doc said that by 14dpo they would be able to tell with a blood test for sure but most times by then it will show up on a hpt.

Take an hpt at 14dpo - if its negative go get a blood draw to be sure and then you will be safe to stop taking it.

Thank I will take another test tomorrow to see, but pretty positive it's going to be bfn again. I agree I don't want to prolong my cycles any more, just a regular 14 day luteal phase is great for me, i'm glad it's doing it's job that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->