Pros/cons to being team yellow?

kksy9b

Loving my 2 boys and baby girl!
Reaction score
Hi gals! I was hoping for some insight from you all. With our son, we found out the gender at the U/S and it was such a wonderful moment. This time, my husband says he wants to stay team yellow and I'm considering it but still leaning heavily towards finding out.

What are some pros/cons to staying team yellow for those that have? Has anyone found out with one and waited with the other? Which one did you prefer?

TIA!

I had intentions on staying green but it didnt happen. I just wanted that moment of surprise to just ourselves but i caved and found out. Well, actually DD2 wouldnt cooperate! We kept trying to find out and shed cross her legs and then the cord was in the way! We didnt finally find out until 32wks! :haha:

I didn't find out with either of my first 2, and won't with this one either. When they laid my first baby on my chest and my husband shouted "it's a boy" in a half crying voice - that is one of the best moments of my life. Worth every second of not knowing!

This is my 3rd pregnancy & 3rd time staying :yellow:

The first time I gave birth & my partner screamed out the sex will be with me for life. It is the singularly most happiest moment of my life & can't be repeated. After experiencing that nothing else would cut it. I couldn't imagine a stranger telling me the sex of my baby in an impersonal scan room. Nothing in this world beats having your partner scream out the sex of your new born child in all the excitement on the day & then you get to announce all to the world afterwards.

The hardest thing for me with not knowing is I want to buy the gender outfits. I keep seeing gorgeous things for both sexes but I can't buy because I don't know. I just have to keep telling myself that there will be more nice cute outfits once the baby is here & I can buy then. I've bought a blue onesie & a pink onesie to put baby in after birth just to fulfill that need.

I found out with my first also. Although I felt a little more bonded with my son before he was even born knowing he was a he and having a name, I really want to experience what it's like to see baby for first time and find out the sex together in the same moment this time.

I love love love the comments above, make me feel much more excited and committed to team yellow! Our scan isn't for another couple days I'm hoping OH won't crack and ask to find out :haha:

I feel more bonded when I find out the sex. The first was a boy, and from when I found out I imagined him and our family. This time it's a girl and I'm glad I found out as I always imagined two boy terrors tearing around the house, so it's nice to adjust my expectations (I'm delighted of course!).

Also, I was just shopping for someone who is team yellow with twins - urghhh soooooo annoying trying to find anything cute things for her, like seriously all the cute things are gender specific. Not that that really matters, and you probably won't have a baby shower this time. Just for me, I love planning her room/clothes while I'm not in 'newborn stage'.

Hello! Hope you've been doing well :flower:
Don't have a comparison to share since this is our first but we are staying team yellow.. we caved a bit after the 20wk scan and asked our obgyn to write the gender in the envelope but finally made a decision not to open it lol.
I think the hardest part is when i am stocking up on baby clothes and i really want to buy those cute little girl dresses.. in the end, i bought a couple of boy and girl outfits along with the unisex clothes just to satiate myself :haha:
Other than that, i do think if we knew the gender, there might be a quicker bond with the baby. However, we are slowly warming up to the idea of being parents and it's not too bad to take it at this pace. Plus I want a girl, so not finding out now let's me get around to equally loving the idea of having either a boy or girl.

Our first was a surprise. My OH wanted to be the one to tell me, and I thought that was lovely so we stayed team yellow. The actual moment was a bit of a let down for me... I had been pushing for 3 hours and was so exhausted, and was already convinced it was a boy so when he said "it's a boy!" I just replied "yeh I know" and it kind of killed the moment for both of us! :wacko:

We found out for DS2. I thought it was another boy and wanted a girl so we found out so I could get used to the idea. I didn't want to feel any kind of disappointment when I gave birth. It worked for me - by the time we had DS2 I was so excited to meet him and not even a tiny part regretted he was a boy (maybe that would've been the case if I hadn't found out, who knows).

This time (fingers crossed we get that far) I am thinking we won't find out. I think with DS2 I wanted a girl because I didn't think I could love another boy as much as DS1. Wrong! Although a girl would still be lovely, I kind of think she would be more left out because the age gap is a bit bigger and I love my 2 boys so much I really feel I'll be happy either way so I'll go with whatever OH prefers to do.

thank you all so much for your input! i've been talking with my husband and he is pretty set on waiting. we are 90% sure this will be our last and he feels like it's a moment and experience he wants to have and its the last chance to do so. Since it's so important to me that we get to experience it together (we had talked about me finding out and not telling him at one point), i guess we are going to stay team yellow! i told him that i want the tech to write it in an envelope (like sky did) just in case i change my mind. but i dont feel as much of a need as i did with my son to find out beforehand.

i've looked up some cute nursery themes that are GN and that is getting me excited to start planning things now. we also have all the clothes from my niece for a girl and from my son if it's a boy. so i'll just wash both sets of NB-3 months to have ready to go for after baby so that aspect isn't a big deal. as long as i'm feeling more bonded by the time the scan comes up, we should be good to go!

thank you again so so much for your insight. hearing your stories and your pros/cons really solidified it for me

we were team yellow in my previous pregnancy and it was such a lovely experience when the dr took her out and announced 'its a beautiful little girl' I wouldn't have it any other way ...

however this time around my DH was eager to find out as he was so sure its going to be a boy but its another girl LOL not that we are sad its a girl we more than excited and we already talk to her or of her using the name we chose for her ... and we also getting DD used to the fact she will have a little sister ...

I'm team yellow again and love it, thought it has been a lot more tempting this time

Like others my oh told me the sex which was so nice and the main reason I want to wait again

Plus I'm not that girly so wouldn't have painted the nursery pink regardless.

The main reason I was tempted though was so I could imagine baby better, and be able to say he/she. I hate saying 'it' and have occasionally used they bit get twins comments

I would have liked to stay team yellow, but did cave last minute.

To be honest, luckily we didnt mind knowing the gender but the sonographer let it slip that it was a 'he', before we gave a firm indication of wanting to know.

An i think it was useful to know in my case, that even though I felt this time it was going to be a boy, but 3 out 4 in our family wanted a girl! And I think it's avoided that disappointment when the baby is born, and now it's given us time to get used to another boy in our family.

Heres my input. I have 3 children and found out all 3 times and regretted it!

1) I just think the moment you give birth and find out the sex would be amazing.

2) I think its a fun surprise

3) gender neutral clothes do not have to be boring. Wr have some bits with boats on and stars. A baby really does not care what colour they wear.

4) when the baby is born people will buy outfits and think of that shopping spree you can do while feeding. Im saving till I know instead of over buying.

Thats just my input. I found out before and I do think its going to be better not to know xx

This is my 3rd pregnancy & 3rd time staying :yellow:

The first time I gave birth & my partner screamed out the sex will be with me for life. It is the singularly most happiest moment of my life & can't be repeated. After experiencing that nothing else would cut it. I couldn't imagine a stranger telling me the sex of my baby in an impersonal scan room. Nothing in this world beats having your partner scream out the sex of your new born child in all the excitement on the day & then you get to announce all to the world afterwards.

The hardest thing for me with not knowing is I want to buy the gender outfits. I keep seeing gorgeous things for both sexes but I can't buy because I don't know. I just have to keep telling myself that there will be more nice cute outfits once the baby is here & I can buy then. I've bought a blue onesie & a pink onesie to put baby in after birth just to fulfill that need.

Omg I am sooooo excited and never thought of it like that. My partner saying will be priceless!

I've done it both ways and I personally hated not knowing. my husband wanted the surprise....on out first we knew she was a girl and I felt far more bonded with her than I did with my son who was the 'surprise'. when he was born I didn't get the "oh my god it's a..." moment cos my husband screwed it up by declaring girl only for the midwives to correct him :dohh::haha: now don't get me wrong i didn't and don't love my son any less or feel any less bonded now but i do wish I had of known! this time around my husband immediately declared (over the pregnancy test!) we are finding out this time!

The bonding thing was irrelevant to me, because although I knew the 'sex' I didnt know them anymore than I did if I didnt know...xx

Team Yellow here.
With DS I thought it was a boy. But seeing with my own eyes was cool. I had a water birth, because of the angle of him midwife didn't actually see what he was.

This one team yellow. I think it is a girl but I can't imagine myself with a girl. Lol. But the thought will grow on me. Pink fluffy things rather than blue.
I might do as others have said buy a cute outfit in each colour.

Babies room will be turquoise. And most of my baby stuff (other than clothes) is neutral anyway.

Re bonding the option of knowing has only been available for 30 years. People have bonding with babies for thousands of years.

I was team yellow with my first and will be team yellow when we have our second. I loved not knowing and waiting for the surprise. The doctor sort of ruined the moment a bit for me when she was born though, because I wanted either myself or my OH to look and see what gender the baby was, but when she came out the doctor said "here she is!". To be fair I hadn't asked the doctor not to reveal the gender so she really didn't know any better. It was still a pretty exciting surprise, and I realized that I had been hoping all along it would be a girl. We didn't have a baby shower (we are 33 and 42, if we can't afford to buy things for our own baby then we probably shouldn't be having one at this point in our lives!) but tons of friends and family bought us gifts anyways after she was born so they were able to buy "gendered" outfits (although I wish they hadn't). I am not super keen on gendered clothing anyways, but that doesn't mean things have to be boring white. I bought tons of second hand clothes before she was born and she had every colour of the rainbow but not much pink. Her bedroom has always been green so it would have worked for either gender.

Honestly I can't think of any cons of being team yellow and I look forward to doing it again.

We found out the first time and it was exciting but I wanted to be team yellow with this one and so far we have been :) I really love it. I know the sex is determined at conception but in my head it can go either way so sometimes I say he and sometimes she. It helps that I genuinely don't care if we have a boy or girl, I'm glad I don't have to choose!

So exciting that you are staying with Team Yellow!!!

We were Team Yellow for our son and will probably be Team Yellow for any future babies. I loved it. We had no desire or need to find out ahead of time, and it was a fabulous experience to have the announcement cap off the labour experience.

My mom was with us at the end and she was the one who announced it was a boy. The first thing both my husband and I said was, "Thank goodness!" because we were only agreed on a boy's name :roll: It made everyone laugh.

It was also really nice to reveal the sex after he was born because my MIL really wanted a granddaughter but it's impossible to be disappointed when you are being handed an actual baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->