Pros/cons to being team yellow?

Ooo so excited reading these. I agree I have loads of cool unisex clothes!

Hi,

I will be in this team by default as in my country, it is illegal to identify the gender of the baby before birth.

We will pick a few names each for both genders and wait for our bundle of joy :)

Mrsj- really?? If you Dont mind me asking, what country do you live in? I don't think I've ever heard of it being illegal anywhere..that's crazy!

Mrsj- really?? If you Dont mind me asking, what country do you live in? I don't think I've ever heard of it being illegal anywhere..that's crazy!

In China it is illegal to find out the gender as a way of preventing gender selective abortions (typically for girls).

We stayed team yellow with both our son and our daughter and will do so again with this baby. For me I loved the excitement of not knowing and the months of guessing and all our friends and family guessing too. I don't think you get many surprises bigger in life!

Hi,

Unfortunately yes. I live in India and gender biased abortion persists in a few castes in this country. Of all the things about my country that give me pride, this isn't one of them :(

This means there is a clear preference for a male child over female among these castes and there have been instances where a woman has been forced to abort the girl child.

I do not belong to the region or the caste where this is common, but to eradicate the chance of gender based killings, Indian government has made it illegal to identify the gender of a child before birth. Hence no recognized clinic or hospital or a doctor with a license will perform a pre natal sex determination.

We're okay with it, if this helps the cause :)

My mum wasn't allowed to find out my gender in 1993 up in Yorkshire in the UK because of people aborting because of gender. Apparently anyway, not sure how true that is or if that's just the reason they gave at the time. So sad that it's still a thing in other countries but we all find out eventually :haha: :D

Beanzz there was a time when hospitals in Scotland wouldn't say because of abortion or people trying to claim when they had got it wrong, pink bedroom for a boy etc.

I think if you really wanna be team yellow its easy. I want it to much that it overwrites eagerness. C

Team yellow this time. I found out with the first 2 and seeing how this is the last time I can't wait for dh to announce the sex at birth, really looking forward to it.

Around 13 years ago the borough in london I used to live in wouldn't tell you the sex of the baby because of gender selection, it only changed the year I was pregnant with my first.

I didn't find out with my first, but have with my second and third, and will this time with my fourth. I found I felt more prepared and knew baby better knowing the gender and having gender specific things ready before the birth. I was so overwhelmed with giving birth anyway that announcing the gender didn't seem a massive surprise, but I found that having months to choose things specially for my baby helped me to feel closer to them. I had a name for both my babies that I knew the gender for.
I also find unisex clothes/prams less attractive and simply feel as though I would be choosing the best of what's available rather than what I actually like xxxxxxx

I didn't find out with my first, but have with my second and third, and will this time with my fourth. I found I felt more prepared and knew baby better knowing the gender and having gender specific things ready before the birth. I was so overwhelmed with giving birth anyway that announcing the gender didn't seem a massive surprise, but I found that having months to choose things specially for my baby helped me to feel closer to them. I had a name for both my babies that I knew the gender for.
I also find unisex clothes/prams less attractive and simply feel as though I would be choosing the best of what's available rather than what I actually like xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->