Protein Shakes

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good whey protein shake? The one I have at the minute is way too sweet. I get that it's trying to disguise the powdery flavour as it's only mixed with water, but I don't have a sweet tooth and it's putting me off drinking it :nope:

this may be a really silly question but what is it ?!?

I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey (natural). I also have AllMax brand and BSN Lean Dessert. I have to order BSN from the US.

this may be a really silly question but what is it ?!?

Mine is a powder, that you make into a drink. They come in lots of different types and do different things, but mine is 100% whey protein. This means that when I exercise, it will help my body recover faster than normal. It helps repair damaged muscles, and restores glycogen levels which is your bodies fuel for exercise. Protein is the building block of muscle, and it helps determine things like how much muscle you have, how much fat you have, your weight, etc.

They aren't a magic fix though, you have to do the work to your body first to see any benefit from them. But by the same token, they won't make you suddenly gain muscle :lol: They just help you body run more efficiently.

When people tend to want to lose fat/weight and get toned/gain muscle they go for a low carb, high protein diet.

A lot of people don't get nearly enough protein from their diets either, so by taking a small drink it helps me make sure I've had enough protein for the day, especially since I'm a veggie. :)

Here's some more info:

https://www.maximuscle.com

If you don't get enough protein in your diet, then your body starts using its own sources of protein for energy.

And guess where your body gets the protein from? It starts eating away at your muscles - slowing your metabolic rate, reducing your strength AND bringing muscle growth to a grinding halt. Protein also plays an important part of a fat loss programme. To lose weight you must restrict the number of calories you consume. However, when you cut down on what you eat, the body starts using muscle protein as energy - in other words, you are literally 'eating' yourself. You must get enough protein from your diet to cover these losses. If you fail to get enough protein on a daily basis, you'll quickly lose strength, get weaker and your metabolic rate will slow down.

Can anyone recommend a good whey protein shake? The one I have at the minute is way too sweet. I get that it's trying to disguise the powdery flavour as it's only mixed with water, but I don't have a sweet tooth and it's putting me off drinking it :nope:

Depending on where you live, hopefully you can find this one im about to describe to you:

Its called EAS ( energy athletics strength). Its sold in the health food section in walmart. It comes in a silver paper type can. On the bottom of it its says Advant Edge. Its got 17g of protien and 0 grams of sugar. Its not too sweet just very filling. Comes in a 4pk, of choc, vanilla and strawberry.

Good luck :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->