protein

TX Mama

Wife and mom-to-be
Reaction score
I have been vegetarian for going on 20 yrs now. Protein is always the first thing folks ask me about and I am pretty good about getting the required 45 g a day. On my last appt my midwife informed me that when you are pregnant you should aim for 80-85g a day! That is quite a bit! I have found cottage cheese to be a good source and some other good ideas but I still struggle hitting that number. Eating meat is NOT an option and I don't crave it in the least. Any good ideas/recipes for a high protein diet?

Not really a food, rather an idea, but if you run into trouble fitting it all in while PG, you could get the protein powder (I guess bodybuilders use it LOL) and add it to smoothies etc!

BEANS BEANS BEANS!!!

I'm pretty sure tofu has a lot of protein in it as well. And peanut butter.

Do you include eggs in your diet or no? They have ... 6g?? (Don't quote me on it, since having a baby my memory is not the best) I think each for a large egg.

I have a powder that I use with soy milk but it only has about 20-30g and is pretty high in calories.

I do eat eggs and they are about 6g per. Yep, lots of beans. I also use almond butter instead of peanut as the protein is a little higher. It all adds up! I just feel like it' such a crazy amount!

I guess nuts have protein as well, I'm not sure how much, I'm allergic so I didn't even consider them really! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->