Proud of my son

RachA

Reaction score
I don't often get moments when I can brag about my boy as he really struggles at school.

However earlier this week he came home from school and announced he's starting up a sewing club in his class for days when they have wet play.
He recently became interested in sewing because they did a class project where they sewed together boats.
He's organised it himself and cleared it with his teacher and got together a list of other interested children (all girls!). He's organising using the schools needles, scissors and thread although I appear to be providing the felt!!

He's really excited about it. I've helped him design Christmas trees, stars and baubles for them to make. I really hope it goes well for him as he's putting in do much effort.

(I'm also wondering where he gets the sewing gene from cos it's really not me as I hate sewing!)

That is lovely! He sounds so organised and mature for his age! You should be proud of him! I love sewing and i'm hoping my daughter will get into it eventually :)

Aw that is is cool! What a smart little boy, being able to organise that himself! Will you hire him out? I could do with sewing lessons :haha:

:hugs::hugs::hugs: He sounds like a beautiful little man..
What a great hobby. My dad sews, excellent I might add..He learned in the Marines..He had to learn..

Good luck to your sweet little man Xo <3

And you should be SO proud <3

Brilliant! What a smart cookie. I'm fairly certain I'd fail to organise something like that. And I'm with you on the sewing gene. my mum is a genius with a sewing machine, even made my wedding dress. Whereas Abby announced if the button came off her skirt she was fairly sure we could get grandma to sew it back on, despite the fact she lives 200 miles away!

Wow, excellent! I'd be incredibly proud as well. He's showing quite some leadership here, as well as creativity. A great hobby too.

Poor boy-the weather has been really good recently so they haven't had wet play yet! He's still looking forward to it though.

That is awesome. I hope it goes really well for him. Also could he teach me? :laugh2: I would love to take a sewing course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->