Provera and metformin

mhadeed

Reaction score
So my doctor recently has me on Provera to kick start my period and Metformin to help me ovulate and regulate my cycles. I have been taking 10mg of Provera for ten days and my period hasnt shown yet and its been 3 days since i stopped taking it. I also took a hpt and it was negative. :shrug: I am also cramping but no af yet sorry tmi. Has anyone else been in this situation? And if any of you ladies took Metformin how long until your cycles became normal?

Hi! I took Provera when TTC LO#1 (10mg tab once a day for 10 days), and took it again while TTC LO#2 (10mg tab twice a day for 5 days). When you get your period could vary. When I was on the 10-day dose, I would usually get AF 2-3 days after the last pill. When I was on the 5-day dose, I would usually get AF 5 days after the last pill. I think they say that it can take up to 10 days or so. If you don't get your AF soon (and you are still getting BFNs) you should call and talk to your doctor! Hopefully AF is on its way! :hugs:

Regarding metformin; I've been on met for almost four months. I've started getting a regular period, but I am also on clomid. Hopefully someone else can offer you more help with that question!

Good luck! I hope you get a BFP soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->