Provera Pains

KaeK

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm really new to this (just signed up today) I have PCOS and my GYN has instructed me to take Provera every few months to bring on my period. Im on day 3 out of the 10 day cycle and my nipples are hurting sooooo bad, it feels like two piranhas are attached to them. I have also had nipple rings for 3 years so I'm wondering if this could be a sign it's time to let them go. Has anyone else experienced this symptom on provera are there any remedies to subside this pain.

Thanks!

Hello all,

I'm really new to this (just signed up today) I have PCOS and my GYN has instructed me to take Provera every few months to bring on my period. Im on day 3 out of the 10 day cycle and my nipples are hurting sooooo bad, it feels like two piranhas are attached to them. I have also had nipple rings for 3 years so I'm wondering if this could be a sign it's time to let them go. Has anyone else experienced this symptom on provera are there any remedies to subside this pain.

Thanks!

Hi Dear! :flower:

I'm also suffering from PCOS with 12 immature eggs on my right ovary as per my transvaginal ultrasound stated.
And I was not having my period for 3 months and like you, was prescribed Provera for 5 days course 1 10mg tab two times daily. Had my period 5 days after the course ended starting with brownish spotting and on the 7th day full on AF.

I recalled having a bad bad lower abdominal cramps that made me light headed and curled on bed like a cooked prawn on after i ended the course.:cry: Was unable to walk. i do realised that my nipple too felt tight and sore. :wacko:

Maybe for your case, the nipple ring might add on to the pain as when the nipple contracts, it might pull the muscles around the nipple tighter.
You could remove it as it could cause some infection IF the nipple and breast decide to swell in times when you get pregnant.

I had warm compress and warm shower to have it soothed. You can try them. Taking Ibuprofen, Paracetamol or Mefenamic Acid might help to reduce the pain if the warm compress doesn't help.

Kindly do update us regularly on ur Provera intake symptoms.:thumbup:

I'm currently awaiting for my ovulation day to TTC #1.. :happydance:

Hope this helps dearie!!

Hello all,

Thanks!

Hello there, I was also on Provera for 10 days to induce AF after a 43 day cycle (AF came around 6 days after my last pill). Don't know whats wrong but the Doc could not get anything wrong with me. While on Provera I had sore breasts and some abdominal pains at time. But it wasnt bad at all, could easily cope with it. I suppose every person is different. Some common pain meds should do the trick and maybe it is time to let go of the nipple rings for now. I hope you feel better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->