Provera?

bumpnbump

Reaction score
I'm going to the doctor this week and I'm thinking about asking for Provera to help get my cycle started again.

Do they usually prescribe this to people? Or is there a certain criteria that you have to meet in order for them to give it to you?

I have endometriosis and was on Lupron. I haven't had a cycle since June. So, I'm hoping I can get things started.

I would say they would give it to you if you have missed a cycle or two! You just take it for 10 days normally and you should start within 10 days of finishing it!

I'm not sure if there is any certain criteria in which your doctor would prescribe it. I have irregular cycles, only 3-4 periods per year, and my doctor didn't hesitate to give it to me. I don't see why you wouldn't get it since you haven't had a cycle since June. I think you'd qualify for it for sure. My first month I took Provera and I also took Clomid in order to ovulate. I haven't had to take Provera because the ovulation was successful causing the hormones to initiate my next period. It wouldn't hurt to ask for the Provera. Your doctor may even suggest it before you make the request.

My dr too, he was glad to prescribe it to me. I just finished mine 4 days ago, now impatiently waiting for AF to come, so I can start the femara...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->