Provisional Driving License help! Please!

AP

Reaction score
I'm applying for my provisional but I really don't wanna send my passport away as its my only form of ID at the moment. Its still in my maiden name though.

Do I have to send the passport? I was looking at the DVLA website and I cant seem to make out if I can use a birth cert+marriage cert instead?

This is the site - can anyone work out what I can use?

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/NeedANewOrUpdatedLicence/DG_4022091

You can use a birth certificate with marriage certificate but will need to send a payslip or P45 as well.

Agreed, I didn't send off my Passport as I was going away x

I think as long as you have a "Long birth certificate" not the short one, that should be sufficient enough.

Do you have any other "Photographic ID"? I think that is why they want the passport maybe, especially as your provisional license requires a photo.

However reading this part is making me have doubts

"Do not send in your passport if you need it within the next month. If this is the case you should consider delaying your licence application until you can send it with your passport to DVLA."

All I remember is that back in 1996 I applied for my Provisional license with a long birth certificate, I do remember that for some reason I was not able to get a long birth certificate until I got my passport, as they needed photographic evidence.

Things may have changed now though xx

I seem to remember when I got married and changed my name, as I'd changed my name on my passport already I ticked a box to say I have the DVLA permission to access my passport records as they're all digital now and that was sufficient as proof. Is there a box like that on your form?

x

You can send other things too. Cant remember exactly now what the options were but i just sent birth certificate and marriage certificate. You can also put in your passport number if you have a certain type of passport.

I just sent birth certificate.. Infact of i remember correctly it got sent separetly as my dad mever put it in te letter!! Lol!! But if memory serves me i could of put my passport number if i had a digital passport.. Not the bimetric ones or the brand brand new ones.. U can jua put ur pp number in as tht was sufficent enough but i didnt have a pp at the time.. Do they not do that anymore?

Yep you're right, I've figured it out. I can use my passport number and because it's digital I do not need to send it.

I can send my marriage cert too, and it says on the form it should show a clear link of change of name if the passport name is different.

So I think I've figured it out. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->