Psoriasis

Ella

Mama to my amazing boy :)
Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone else suffers with it? I have patches of it in my scalp and nothing I've tried seems to work? Going to the doctors again but just wondered if you've tried anything that worked?
xx

yeah i have it bad on my head and on my eyes i have a cream for it all and a special shampoo

Did your GP prescribe them to you?

'cause my GP is a bit daft if you ask me and I keep telling her that what she gives me isn't working but I don't seem to be getting it resolved :(
xx

me. I have it real bad :( and psoriatic arthritis that developed from it :( I use oilatum in the bath... t-gel shampoo.... diprobase cream for application as well as some steroid creams too from time to time. Pain relief wise for the arthritis side i was on diclofenac and co codemal but not just now due to the pregnancy

:hugs:

me. I have it real bad :( and psoriatic arthritis that developed from it :( I use oilatum in the bath... t-gel shampoo.... diprobase cream for application as well as some steroid creams too from time to time. Pain relief wise for the arthritis side i was on diclofenac and co codemal but not just now due to the pregnancy

:hugs:

I'm sorry you really suffer with it :hugs:

My OH is always telling to to stop picking at my head but he doesn't understand the insaneeee itching it causes!

If my GP is no help again, I'm just gonna ask to be referred to the hospital I think to see a dermatologist or something.
xx

yeah iv had it since i was 8, dr gave me summat constalty for it since then

hey i suffer from contact dermatitis and eczema on my scalp and face neck its not bad but used to be as im alergic to shampoos and soaps and most creams but doing my beauty and holistic therapy course i found that using olive oil and a product called elemis skin nourish milk bath its EXCELLENT an that gentle u can use it directly on babies skinwith out diluting it first!

and i noticed a difference withint he week and i use it wash my hair and its cleared up! its for people who suffer from skin disorders and those who dont but olive oil is a natural and cheaper alternative! if u use olie oil add it to dry hair massage into scalp then directly apply shampoo to it after 1mins then wash off with water if u dont do it this wait wont wash out!

hope this helps! its that good for me i no longer use my steriod creams, emolients and treatment shampoos!

My darling man suffers from it very badly - he gets it pretty much everywhere other than his face. He has had since birth and he uses cream on his body and ointment for his head but he tries not to use it all the time and now that he is more confident (apparently I have made a world of difference to how he feels) he goes out wearing t-shirts and without hats all the time which he never used to.

His stuff is called Dovobert I think. He finds it best to use once a day Mon - Fri and then have Sat - Sun off. He also finds using a sunbed on a day without the cream helps every now and then. He does this for a month and it can seem a little better for a while.

He once had to spend a month in isolation in hospital he gets it that bad :( He has had all sorts of treatments over the years but refused the last lot as the side effects of it were so nasty. He figured the cream and being more confident would be enough to keep it at a level that he could deal with. If other people want to look, that's their problem, not his xxx

I do in one small patch on the back of my scalp! Insanely itchy i agree! Iv had it since i was about 9 or 10 and i only get small patches but they swap in positions on my scalp!

i hated it so much i used to pick it out with a needle til my head bled and wept! I also got told using a sunbed (i know, not the best advice but low power) could help. And i did one session every fortnight and that got rid of it for 2 years! Then, i had a stressful time over a smear test (tut tut woman haha) which brought it back 2 years ago. Still in a small patch at the back of my head. Iv always been too embarassed to go to the Drs about it, but il DEFO try some of these remedies girls, thank you!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i have psoriasis too it irratates me like mad im always scratching i bet people think i have got nits :) i use t-gel shampoo by neutrogena that you can buy from the shop asda/tesco/chemist etc... and it has really cleared it up loads not completely but it has certainly helped and for the psoriasis on my skin i use e45 cream and that has helped too :) x x

I get patches of this on my scalp too and my DH is always telling me to "stop picking your head" but it is just so hard not to. I have a cream that is just from the chemist but the label has worn off it now but i think it is called Cortisone Cream, i didnt need a prescription so maybe just ask at a chemist, but i found it clears it up for a while, but i think if you have this problem it is with you for life, it will always come back at some stage.

i have it in my scalp, and patches on my elbows and back of foot, i also have it very bad on the middle of my left food, (i thought it was athletes foot but nothing shifted it)
i told my gp and she said given my sister has chronic psorisis that she thinks i have it too (devo'd) lol so she gave me dermovate ointment for my elbows and heels (and a stronger dose for my foot) and for my scalp i have ketopine.

tgel does not work for me, nor did anything else, this is doing the scalp job for now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->