Pulling Sensation around Uterus Area

divatoot

Reaction score
Hello all!
This is my very first pregnancy so I actually have no idea what to expect, what is normal, and what I need to be alarmed about.

I am currently 17 weeks and 4 days. I have been noticing the past probably 2 weeks that I have some pulling type pains around my uterus area....almost as though my lower muscles are sore.

I am wondering if this is the round ligament pain I have heard about it, or if it could be something that I need to have my OB check out.

Any advice or tips are greatly appreciated and welcomed :)

Sounds like normal stretching pains to me. Could be round ligament but that's normally a sharp sudden pulling pain. Happens to me if I get up too quickly or sneeze or cough etc.

Thanks Miss Cellany!
I didn't think it was something to worry about, but wanted to double check with other expectants or mothers just to make sure :)

It sounds like round ligament pain to me too. Lots of people say how it is sharp and fast pain, but I also get it as stretching/burning for large parts of the day when I'm going through a growth spurt. I called my Dr in my first pregnancy after hours of pain and they said it was round ligament pain due to its location.

This pregnancy, I try to drink a bottle of water, rest, and wait and see if it passes in half a day. So far, it always has.

Good luck and never feel bad calling your Dr if your gut tells you something feels off :)

It sounds like normal pains of everything stretching and making room but if ou are concerned it cant hurt to mention it to the doctor :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->