PUMPERS! How many times a day do you pump?

Wugz22

Reaction score
My LO is almost 14 weeks old and I've retuned to work so am pumping most of the time. How often are you pumping? I have been pumping 6x a day, which is yielding more than enough BM, so I'm wondering if I can drop to 5x a day and give myself a little more time freedom at night without effecting my supply. Any experience? Thanks!

My midwife told me sleeping a 5-6 hour stretch at night is as important as pumping frequently because a well-rested body/ sleep is important for milk supply. (Stress and lack of sleep diminish supply.) I've noticed, however, that pumping at like 4AM tends to yield more than other times of the day, so I've been going to bed around 10-ish and getting up to pump sometime around 3-4AM. I try to coordinate it with a (bottle) feed since I'll then already be up...

Other than that, right now I pump every 3-4 hours the rest of the day.

I am exclusively pumping and have been doing so for nearly 2 months. I started by pumping 5xday, then 4x, now I am down to 3x. My supply has stayed the same, i just get more at each session. And i never pumped at night, but i would get 11oz or so at 6am!

I am almost at my 6month goal, and cant wait to get rid of this pumping thing.It takes up so much time!

I feed at the breast at night and pump during the day. During the day I pump after every feed. My LO is only 3 days old so I pump every 2 hours.

I am pumping 4-6x a day, depending on work and whether or not I am able to sneak in some nursing.

At your baby's age, you should be able to drop from 6 to 5 without much of a supply decrease :flower:

I don't know how much you are nursing, but it seems to be at 4 sessions and fewer that supply starts to really drop off.

I can't remember when I dropped my night pump, about 5 months maybe? You should be ok but you can always add it back in if your supply starts to drop.

Stalking! I have an almost 2 week old and she nurses every 3-4 hours but I don't seem to produce a whole bunch other than her needs, can a supply drop off that quickly? I'm only getting 6 extra ounces a day

Stalking! I have an almost 2 week old and she nurses every 3-4 hours but I don't seem to produce a whole bunch other than her needs, can a supply drop off that quickly? I'm only getting 6 extra ounces a day

My supply didn't increase until closer to three weeks, but then I was/am mostly pumping. I was told that you have to pump every 2-3 hours no matter what in order to increase, but I've cut back now that I have enough... I guess it depends on the person.

I have been exclusively pumping for 10 months and am at 4 pumps a day. my supply did drop tremendously when I stopped my motn pump at 5 months, but I was an overproducer anyway. in a month I will be dropping to 3 pumps :)

Is there a reason you want more than a 6oz oversupply? That is quite a lot. You will fill a freezer in no time. Oversupply is not always a good thing -- you have to pump every single day to ensure that your baby is not getting too much foremilk and that you do not get engorged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->