Pumps, bottles and sterlisers

Rachie004

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I'm planning on EBF so I didn't really have any intention of buying bottles, a steriliser or a breast pump but I'm wondering if I should be or if I'm being incredibly naive and missing something?

Your thoughts would be appreciated, thanks :D

I haven't bought a pump or a steriliser this time-I had a tommee tippee electric pump last time but it stopped working and we had a microwave steriliser which doesn't fit in our new microwave!
I have a couple of bottles that I never used with DD and have bought a pack of sterilizing bags that fit 1 bottle and go in the microwave to use if we really need them.
I'm not sure whether or not to buy a pump but my plan at the moment is to see how we get on with breastfeeding initially as I found pumping so time consuming and pretty ineffective (for me anyway)

I bought a steriliser which came with bottles as a backup (and thinking that I'd be sterilising dummies, bottles and food pots at some point) and am glad I did because LO didn't latch on well so I've had to combi feed. Most stuff you can get on amazon with next day delivery though (we bought our pump the day before we left hospital) so you can always get 'emergency' stuff that way...

With my daughter I didn't buy any bottles or a stereliser. My mum bought a couple of Tommee Tippee bottles and later a breast pump for me to try and express (which didn't really happen!) but the first few weeks I didn't have anything.

I don't think it's naive at all and as PP said you can get stuff relatively easy and fast should you need it.

I agree u can get things quickly if u need them. In the UK the hospital or midwife will get u a good pump and help u to hand express if there's an early bf issue as well as syringes or little cups to feed from. I needed to hand express colostrum initially to encourage my LO to feed and then when my husband was taken seriously ill my community mw bought me out a pump so I could express and go visit him. Good luck with bf it's amazing and worth the hard work at the beginning

Thank you :) I really appreciate the lovely responses. It's so lovely to hear people say positive things about breastfeeding :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->