puppies - boosting their immune systems

Dimples81

Reaction score
I know there are alot of dog owners/lovers that come in here. I have two 11 week old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel pups and i am looking for reccomendations on natural things i can do to boost their immune systems after being diagnosed with Parvovirus, Giardia, Distemper and some other nasties. They have been ok in themselves for the two, nearly three weeks i have had them and they have had their first jab today. The vet says it is very much a wait and see situation but i want to know im doing everything i can to help them get stronger where possible. So does anyone have any tips for boosting immune systems and/or promoting good gut bacteria?

Whenever Molly (my Jack Russell) is poorly she gets boiled chicken with brown rice, with Live natural yogurt mixed in. The natural yogurt works wonders for their guts, but it must be the bio live one.

Hope they feel better soon x

they dont feel poorly if their behaviour is anything to go by! they are very lively, just want to give their little immune systems a bit of a helping hand. They have been on chicken and rice since i got them, am now just starting to introduce kibble and stuff. Do you add the yoghurt for stomach bacteria? I heard dogs shouldnt have dairy products?

Can the vet not recommend anything?

Most dogs are lactose intolerant. You can buy milk specially for dogs though.

My dogs are Bichons which are well known for having problems with wheat etc. We feed them wainwrights which are free of wheat, additives etc. Stay clear of brands such as bakers, pedigree etc (my cocker spaniel lived 13 years on these but had no allergies).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->