Puppy pee

mumandco

Reaction score
We're looking after a puppy for a week for oh's friend, the puppy is 14 weeks old and is being house trained. So I expect lots of accidents to happen. What is the best way to clean it up and stop my house from smelling??

Thanks in advance x

Well, if the puppy is being toilet trained with a crate then you shouldn't expect any accidents really...

However, biological washing powder in some warm water is the best way to clean up, disinfectant has a smell that attracts dogs to wee in the same place.

I don't think it's being crate trained, will definitely try the washing powder in warm water though.

I thought that some disinfectants attracted them to wee but wasn't sure what else to use

Thank for the reply

Make sure you move the dog out of sight before you clean it up and don't draw attention to the puppy regarding the accident it apparently makes them do it more.

I've got a carpet cleaner so I normally used to just chuck water on the carpet, scrub it and then go over it with my vax

Disinfectant spray does the trick and get lots of febreeze. Xx

Thanks girls,x were all looking forward to having him even if it's only for a week.

My aunt works at a vets and always told me biological washing powder mixed with water is the best thing to use... what about getting some puppy training pads aswell? they attract them to wee on it xx

brand called Nature's miracle makes cleaner for urine.

urine off is quite good. discourages them to go in the same place & gets the wee right out the carpet, the underlay & floorboards etc. xx

We have wood floors so we use disinfectant, so long as what you use doesn't contain ammonia it will be fine. Pup has always peed on newspapers on the floor and only had a couple of accidents. Need to get something for carpet upstairs though as he has peed in the same place twice now. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->