Puree Ideas?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Im stuck for veg puree idea's ladies .. ive had a look on the net but the same ones keep popping up on every website that ive looked on!!

Anyone got any idea's on simple 2 or 3 veg puree's?

there's some good ones in the annabel karmel book, will post them when i find it lol!

Umm aidan has carrot and rice puree sometimes. I know its not all veg but he loves them
xx

Logan loves

sweet potato,carrot and swede
courgette, broccoli, carrot and peas
sweet potato and cinnamon
watercress , potato, and courgette

steamed green beans puree well too (we just bought the frozen ones and pureed them), broccoli, sweet potato, peas....pretty much any veg that you can steam until very soft purees well

I used to make this one for max

Carrot, peas with rice
B.N squash, chickpeas, sweet potato

just having a look in my annabelle karmel books for you holly - potato, sweet potato, parsnip, carrot, swede, broccoli, cauliflower, butternut squash, - all puree down well honey.

also you can mash avocado and or papaya with a little of her formula for a no cook puree.

Reading all these posts makes me excited about weaning Jayden, I love it, I dont think hes ready yet but I when he is I want to give him alot of variation of foods

With my first 2 kiddies I used to puree the veggies seperately and freeze them in ice cube trays, then each morning decide what to give him, mix and match them so they always had a different selection of foods together, I did the same with fruits aswell

I use corgette, butternut squash, sweed, parsnip, advacardo, canned tomato, potato, sweet potato, carrot, sprouts, peas, blend individually and have a savory and sweet freezer bag in the freezer and pick and mix, ie if i know he is not keen on spouts as pretty bitter i sweeten up with sweet potato and sometimes mix fruit with veg to intoduce a new flavor, i have noticed that the ellas kitchen pouches have sweet and savory mixed.be inventive, remember babys dont have the taste experiences that we have so they know no difference

oh just wanted to add my next stage was to add some texture so couscos (sp) is great, adding a rice cake dissolves and is soft and chewy,baby pasta, dont blitz as much in blender so thicker consistancy, also rusk added to cooked fruit - my home crumbles! just thought that maybe helpful x

I'm gonna copy the ellas kitchen ones when I get less lazy :rofl: They even give you the % on the back so it should be easy to work out the amounts.

Amelies fav is parsnip, carrot and apple. They have weird ones like butternut squash, carrot, apple and prunes wtf. She loves it though.

yea her website's shit, hardly anythin on it!! btw i dont know if you know, but you can refreeze frozen veg! i didint realise til i read her book and she said yo can make up purees with it then freeze them back down xx

See i cannot get Brooke to like parsnip no matter what combo i try :lol:

Ive gone for sweet potato and carrot together as i know she likes both, and cauliflower and broccoli together .. will see what she thinks

Amelie wont eat my purees but i think its cos it wasnt smooth enough, it had tiny lumps in it and she just spat it right back out.

Have made Freddie 2 new ones which he seems to like!

Mango and Banana

Courgette, Peas and Potato

both blend really well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back