Pushing the Boundaries of Patience?

S

ScottishBaby

It's early days here for me, but already I'm starting to feel irate with my husband at times. I know its cos my hormones are all over the place. Sometimes I feel sorry for him, other times I feel my obnoxiousness is his form of morning sickness. Karma has a way like that lol. So my question to you gals is:

How far have you pushed the boundaries of your spouses patience?

Here's a couple of examples from me:

Earlier on this evening I asked him to go to the shop and get me some munchies, I specified I wanted walkers sensation crisps. Not the chilli. So he goes to the shop and comes back empty handed. Needless to say I wasn't amused. He told me the only flavor they had was chilli. To which I replied:

'So you couldn't have used your own initiative and bought some effing kettle chips or something?'

He offered to go back out and I humfed at him not to bother. He's now sitting playing the xbox completely unawares that I'm on here with the girls grinding on his uselessness to complete even the simplest of tasks. :dohh:

Nah, in all seriousness, I am miffed that I have no such munchies but the man is almost always a diamond.

So, tell us your tales of pregnancy evil towards your spouse :laugh2:

I went mental...he went up the shop for himself, but i asked for a galaxy caramel...was dying for one

He got all his stuff FORGOT mine..that is not something you do to a pregnant woman..so i made a point in telling him how useless he is etc.

Anyway it was forgotten about, next morning i was in the bath, he had been out and came home walked in to the bathroom and had got me two caramels:rofl:i ate them there and then in the bath!:rofl:

Bless OH's

i snap at mine; he's learned to not take it personally. Then when he gets cranky with me I tell him hes not allowed to get cranky, only I am. If I can get him to laugh, he isn't cranky anymore.
He's also learned that if I want something top eat we dont have in, his job is to get it. Or something similar.

in first tri i was EVIL i dont no how he put up with him, but since 2nd tri ive realised how lucky i am :) and were all good

hun its one of those things that happens to some of us and not others,
i've been with my oh 7 years we been ttc for over 3 years, we fell out all the time till i was 12 weeks i just hated him, looking back now i was out of order and made mountain out of mole hills and it werent funny at the time we nearly broke up.
the best thing is to recognise how you feel sit down and talk about it. i still sometimes get irrate but i get cuddles now and told to shuttup lol.
hope it passes soon.
xx

ive jsut remembered, before i hit 12 weeks i was really really nasty to my OH..He just took it all bless him never said anything back to me. I couldnt bare him touching me. Not even a cuddle.

Then at 12 weeks my Granma died, and i couldnt bare him anywhere near me until after her funeral. Bless him he was there for me 100% all the time. Then i realised how lucky i was.

I had a meltdown over cheetos.

I think I was about 25 weeks or so? Can't remember. Anyways, I was dying for some so I went to the store to grab a bag. OH doesn't like when you "smack" your lips while eating, it's a peeve of his. He had been super obsessed with this stupid game for the xbox 360, and while I'm a gamer as well this type of game didn't appeal to me. It was all he freaking ever did!

So anyways, in a stab to try and "be together" without actually doing something together I decide that I'm going to eat my cheetos on the opposite couch while reading a book. Figured it'd be my way of trying to not be so bitchy I guess with him constantly playing the game. So I'm eating and I can see him looking at me out of the corner of his eye but I figured he wanted some of my cheezies and I wasn't ready to part with them yet. ;)

So finally he snaps at me and says that I'm "crunching too loud" and asked if I could somehow "be quieter" while eating them. I instantly welled up into tears and got so hurt that he'd snap at me like that so I made some big melodramatic thing about how I'd seclude myself upstairs where he wouldn't be able to hear my "annoying eating".

:rofl:

I bawled for an hour over it! Finally he comes upstairs after a few mins and tries to reason with me but by that point I was full blown hormonal and wouldn't hear a bit of it! We ended up having this huge argument, all started over eating cheezies! LOL!

I had a breakdown because the bath i had run was cold and all i wanted was a nice soak after moving in the new house - turns out there is actually a problem with the boiler so sort of justified really but i was absolutely heartbroken, threw myself across the bed and sobbed my heart out, even the cat came to see what was going on! just cried and cried, my other half knows full well its hormones so cuddles and comforts me whilst trying to supress laughing.

Other times when im being a absolute bitch i can see him thinking "who are you" but im very grateful he doesnt react withouth thinking about the reasons first, im very very lucky to have such a laid back man - love him to bits.

With my Ds I HAD to have mash potato... I gave DH my last £1 to get pots and he bought choc with it!!! I went mad!!! Bless him he left the house disappeared for an hour then bought me back my pots!!!:blush:

This time I have been really snappy the last coupla weeks...Sun night he forgot I'm a celeb was on and he put on a fishing prog...we had an almighty row and he ended up sleeping in the spare room...Well I didn't sleep and neither did he...we laughed about it yest morning and had a big cuddle...Last night he went into the garage so I could watch it!!!!!:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->