Put back into High Risk Category

stucknthecity

Pregnant with # 1 !
Reaction score
So my OB decided to put me back into the High Risk Category after being in the clear for almost 5 weeks. They are not worried about pre eclampsia (sp?) yet since I have no proteins in my urine just the chronic high blood pressure. It was high the last two times it was checked, I don't know if it was because I was nervous or had been stressed due to work but I didn't argue with him. He has instructed me to check my blood pressure daily and alert them of anything over what it was the other day. Which was 144/80, to me that was a good number compared to pre pregnancy when I could easily be 156/90. What has got me confused is the fact that for 5 weeks my blood pressure was fine and within normal range. I really think I was just stressed and that has put me back into the high risk category. Blah! :cry:

O no!! Can you take drastic action to bring you bp down? Tine off work? Going sick? Seeing about workload etc? Then serious pampering and relaxation work!!!!! Join a class or group, and practice self hypnosis via cd every night. Maybe face up to and solve any particular stress in your life??? Really hope you can bring it down, horrible to be classed as high risk when you've had a really good run.

Xxxx

My BP was fine until I was 16 weeks. It started acting up to 140/88, and it has been fluxuating up and down. My OB decided to put me on bp medication since week 20, but I too don't have any protein in my urine on the last few visits. Being high risk just means they will monitor you closely, so that you and your bubs stay healthy and s(he) can stay in there for as long as possible. With hypertension it can make things complicated, but not always. I had an extra ultrasound done at 24 weeks to make sure bubs growing within expected range and she was above average, that was reassuring to the OB. Just be sure to follow what the OB says and reduce your salt intake. Try to relax some, maybe go for prenatal massage? It helps women who have chronic hypertension.

OOOooooOO A prenatal massage? Sounds wonderful! If I didn't work for my Dad I would feel more comfortable asking to reduce my hours or something similar but I don't want to put him in a bind just yet. Although some people I work with may not think my Job is that stressful they don't see everything I have to handle in one day and to a pregnant lady times that by 10! When I catch myself getting upset or aggravated I have been trying to zone out but it doesn't always work that well. So thank you for suggesting the CD I will have to look for one this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->