Put on Bedrest

MrsMalcolm

Reaction score
My doctor put me on bedrest today. I will be 6 weeks tomorrow. I had my some spotting/bleeding today. It was pink and it comes and goes periodically. It was enough to stain my panties at one point which prompted me to call my doctor. But since then it has only been when I wipe. I miscarried last year and he had already ordered me to cut back on activities and take progesterone pills twice a day. Now he has ordered bed rest and doubled the progesterone dosage. I am trying to stay positive. This is no where near the heavy bleeding and pain I experienced when I miscarried, still I am scared. On a positive note my husband cooked dinner, which in his mind is just meat. So I had chicken and only chicken for dinner, what can you do

I'm sure your doctor is just being over cautious, bed rest for a bit of spotting seems extreme.
I spotted last pregnancy til 15 weeks, I have a 2 year old - obviously everything was fine xx

I hope to be so lucky. It took us 11 months to get pregnant again after the last miscarriage. It was such a difficult and painful experience, I just don't want to go through that again.

I can understand that, a friend of mine had a miscarriage in the spring and it took longer to conceive than she hoped. She's pregnant again and everything is going great.
There's less chance of miscarriage after you've already had one.
Fingers crossed for you xx

Hope things get a bit better soon for you. Enjoy the rest if you can, and try not to worry (easier said than done). I am 8 weeks today and saw my Dr this morning because I've had red/pink/brown spotting and stomach/lower back pains for 6 days now. But no proper bleed. Also been told to not lift anything and to basically not do anything for the next 3 weeks :-( Am crossing my fingers and toes for us both. Good luck :)

On a positive note my husband cooked dinner, which in his mind is just meat. So I had chicken and only chicken for dinner, what can you do

Ahaha this is something my other half would do! He cooked dinner for me a few weeks ago and I got two massive chicken fillets in a bowl. Bless him he tried!

I've got my fingers crossed for you and hope things get better xx

@Viwood fingers crossed for both of us!!!

Today it is brown and pinkish, that is a good sign.

@Hanni, it is funny what our men call dinner. If there is meat, they can eat. I am going to have to cook something today even if I sit in a chair at the stove, I can't have just chicken again for dinner tonight.

Did your doctor request an early scan for you?

I've had from pinkish brown to pinkish to bright red with dark clots. I lie down too when it's happening because it slows the bleeding and dulls the cramps. As long as you don't have bright red you should be fine - it's implantation bleeding.

What dose of progesterone are you on? I do 400 in the morning, 400 at night. My family doctor thought that was a lot but that's what was prescribed:shrug:

I hope everything turns out well for you!! :hugs: I've been so worried I ordered a Doppler from ebay. I figure listening to the heartbeat will sooth my soul! Did your doc line you up with a 6.5 week scan to hear the heartbeat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->