Putting baby in own room

Bec L

Proud mum to 2 girls/1boy
Reaction score
Hi everyone

At what age did you move your baby from your room into their own room (assuming you have done?)
Did they settle in ok or did it take a while for them to get used to it? And as a result do they sleep any better/worse?!

Poppy is still in her moses basket in our room and we are putting off moving her into a cot in her nursery but I know we need to do it eventually. :blush:Just wondered what everyone else's experiences were of doing it.

we put maddi in her cot, in her room, just after 6months old. we started with a few nights of putting her in her basket in her cot and then moved her over. she was fine. she has always slept through since 6weeks (12/13hours) but i do think she sleeps more sounds as we were disturbing her being in the same room :)

We put Amy in her own room and cot at 10/11 weeks (she was sleeping through from 8 weeks). She would cry when going down at first but that only lasted a couple of weeks and then she would fall asleep on her own. If she wakes she will settle herself right back off, unless we are staying somewhere else in which case she sees me or who she is sleeping in the room with and refuses to go back to sleep cause she thinks it is play time!

She is definately a better sleeper in her own room, on her own, it is what she is used to. :) x

We recently put Hannah in her own room, I guess you can call it :rofl: We live in a one bedroom apartment so we moved out of the bedroom and onto the living room floor because of her "talking" at night. I'm not sure if she sleeps any better but we do!

we put jack in his own room when he was just over 4months and he has slept much better since and me and oh get a better sleep to. its worth doing i think to get a bit more of your life back

We moved Pops out of our room when she was around 9 weeks old. We all slept MUCH better, especially me as I am not so conscious now of her every snuffle! Give it a whirl, what works for one Poppy, will work for another!

We have just put Charlie in his own bedroom and he sleeps a lot longer, he isnt sleeping right through yet but he is nearly there only waking once at about 5:00am. He hasa slept fine in it, we have a cot top changer and he has always been used to spending some time in his bedroom and I started putting him in his cot to nap through the day which I think helped.

Might be worth putting her in a cot in your room first and then moving her into her own room, otherwise she'll have to cope with moving rooms and a new bed at the same time, which is a bit tough for her!!!

I moved Lola in her own room in her cot at 3 1/2 months.

It was rough for the first week getting her used to it but she now sleeps like a log. She is actually sleeping through, something she never did before.

We moved Pops out of our room when she was around 9 weeks old. We all slept MUCH better, especially me as I am not so conscious now of her every snuffle! Give it a whirl, what works for one Poppy, will work for another!

Ha ha, let's hope so ;)

Might be worth putting her in a cot in your room first and then moving her into her own room, otherwise she'll have to cope with moving rooms and a new bed at the same time, which is a bit tough for her!!!

Thanks. We had thought about putting her moses basket in the cot first (as opposed to the cot in our room) but yes, I think either way it'd be a bit mean to just put her in a new bed AND a new room!!

Liv grew out of her moses basket at about 3 months, we have pulled her cot into our bedroom but I am seriously contmplating moving her into her room now - she sleeps through and it I think it will give me and the OH a little bit of normality back!!! Before I had her I always said I would put her in her own room at 6 months but I think she will be fine in there now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->