Putting LO in to own bed?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
How easy did your LOs take to their own bed with just rails?

I picture Caitlin falling over the guards, running riot round her room etc at least when shes in her cot she can't get out if we don't hear her straight away.

Also she moves around a lot so I can imagine a quilt to be a pain in ass - just had to take her cot one out and use smaller blankies again. Can you get nice sleeping bags for kids of her age not those gro-bags?!

x

well iput tyler in a big boy bed at 1 year old he was fine loves it and sleeps much better with the extra room he doesnt have side rails but has fallen out once in the 6 months lol he took to it really well. But yes does get himself out and come into our room when he wakes if i dont hear straight away lol
not sure on the sleeping bags but i would think you could get them somewhere for her age. xx

Dec has been in his bed now for about 1.5 months, he loves it, he has a rail because he moves so much while sleeping, he always slept in a grobag and to be honest I was afraid to take him out of it because he was sort of a comfort thing for him but he has been fine without it, he loves the whole duvet thing and even though he moves a lot he still somehow keeps some cover over him. Not to sure about the sleeping bag thing we always used a grobag xx

my gorgeous ds went into a full size single bed about 4 months before he was 2. he slept brilliantly the first night and every night since. he can climb in and out himself as its only low, but has never got out yet, even in the morning when he wakes up, he shouts me, i generally go in and lay down with him for a little bit and cuddle and chat before getting up. i cried his first night, hes such a big boy!

Kian went into a bed at about 10/11 months and it was the best thing we ever did. He wasn't a very good sleeper in his cot but was much better in his bed.

We put a stair gate on his bedroom door mainly to keep him safe as his room was right by the top of the stairs, so he never kept getting out of bed and coming into us. He's 4 now and he shouts us if he has a problem rather than getting out of bed.

Oh and for covers he would sleep with a cot quilt then when he got a bit bigger he had a lightweight summer quilt.

We put Caitlin in at around 18 months and she took to it straight away. She has only ever fallen out of her bed twice in that whole time. She has a bed with rails already on it and she has a quilt on her bed, she's fine with them all xx

we havent moved lilly into a bed just yet but we will be soon and my plans are to put a baby gate on her door and a bed rail on her cot bed, she already sleeps with a quilt and pillow so i am hopeful she will take to it fine and not be running mad in her room - i am worried tho she may well!

kacy went into a bed at 15 months old, with a rail and she was brillaint got in and out on her own. when we moved here in november she went into a proper single bed instead of a cot bed with no rails on and fallen out a couple of times but that is it.

Dec has been in his bed now for about 1.5 months, he loves it, he has a rail because he moves so much while sleeping, he always slept in a grobag and to be honest I was afraid to take him out of it because he was sort of a comfort thing for him but he has been fine without it, he loves the whole duvet thing and even though he moves a lot he still somehow keeps some cover over him. Not to sure about the sleeping bag thing we always used a grobag xx
They are like grobags but for older kids :D so not camping type sleeping bags. snuggle sac I found :D ....I think their stuff is really good: https://www.snugglesac.co.uk/

We put Dan in his bed at about 20 mths, we had a few nights where he kept getting out of bed!!! He loved it tho and settled much quicker!

We put a few cushions on the floor in case he fell out but he hardly ever did!!!

Theres a part of me more worried about her trashing the room lmao she pulls EVERYTHING out of everywhere loves drawers and cupboards!

Theres a part of me more worried about her trashing the room lmao she pulls EVERYTHING out of everywhere loves drawers and cupboards!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:there is that!!! Could you get drawer lock things for them??

I have 2 side cabinests with 3 drawers in a wide chest with 8 drawers in and a high chest with 7 ... so no :rofl: those things are awful to get on never mind the holes. Already having to do that to new dining cupboard :dohh: the self ahesive ones are crap!

I gotta a questions wobbles ? are you getting her a new big girl or bed or dose her crib turn into a bed itself ?

reason I ask is max's crib will turn into a bed ..but im not sure how lol hes got the sliding rail that we lower when we have to get him out but how do i make a bed out of his crib lol

Yeah that happens. :rofl:

https://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/HelenandBill/06032009.jpg

I'd empty whatever you can out of the room and gradually re-introduce it.

We have bed guards on their beds but mostly because I thought it would discourage them from getting up. Ha ha! It's probably a bit worse for us because they have someone else in their room they can climb in bed with and annoy so there's much more of a temptation.

I think they've both fallen out a couple of times but it's such a short drop they barely notice it. You might find that you have a little while of chaos after she discovers the freedom of getting in and out of bed. Can she open the bedroom door herself yet?

TBH I wouldn't put her into a bed until you have to. Is she climbing out of the cot or having problems sleeping?

Ours are in cotbeds with full size single duvets so you can kinda tuck them in all the way around.

I gotta a questions wobbles ? are you getting her a new big girl or bed or dose her crib turn into a bed itself ?

reason I ask is max's crib will turn into a bed ..but im not sure how lol hes got the sliding rail that we lower when we have to get him out but how do i make a bed out of his crib lol
She has a big girls bed just no matress on it yet :D

Did you not get instructions?

Yeah that happens. :rofl:

https://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/HelenandBill/06032009.jpg

I'd empty whatever you can out of the room and gradually re-introduce it.

We have bed guards on their beds but mostly because I thought it would discourage them from getting up. Ha ha! It's probably a bit worse for us because they have someone else in their room they can climb in bed with and annoy so there's much more of a temptation.

I think they've both fallen out a couple of times but it's such a short drop they barely notice it. You might find that you have a little while of chaos after she discovers the freedom of getting in and out of bed. Can she open the bedroom door herself yet?

TBH I wouldn't put her into a bed until you have to. Is she climbing out of the cot or having problems sleeping?

Ours are in cotbeds with full size single duvets so you can kinda tuck them in all the way around.
Erm thanks Helen :rofl:

I can't empty the room theres no room for it anywhere else lol

She can open theses doors they pull open so Ill get a travel gate for that situation - theres already one on the stairs but don't want her going into the bathroom mainly.

Problems sleeping x

I did but not for when I need to convert it lol I found it odd they show how to build the crib , and I got the extra pcs of bed guard but no other instructions lol may have to call them lol

Erm thanks Helen :rofl:

I can't empty the room theres no room for it anywhere else lol

She can open theses doors they pull open so Ill get a travel gate for that situation - theres already one on the stairs but don't want her going into the bathroom mainly.

Problems sleeping x

Consider it payback for the nappies! :rofl:

We just stuck it all on the landing. Could you do that for a few days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->