Putting things in mouth

A

AppleBlossom

I know babies learn a lot by putting things in their mouth but Grace puts absolutely everything in hers. If she has something in her hand, in it goes. If she eyeballs something she lunges for it, mouth open. She isn't really interested in playing with toys so much as eating them. She's done this since she was about 3.5 months old. Is it normal? I'm just worried that she isn't learning how to play properly because her toys are constantly in her mouth.

My youngest son is just the same. He is 8 months now, and everything goes in his mouth. I have to vacuum twice a day because if there's anything on the carpet it will find his mouth! My oldest didn't do it at all, but I really don't think its anything to worry about. It's just a way of exploring I guess. The sign of an inquisitive mind!

summers exactly the same i dont think she has ever held anything with out putting it in her mouth, god help me when she is moving more!

Alasdair does it with everything that will fit and will have a good go at getting things that really won't fit in too. It's like when I'm trying to read him a book, he grabs the book and pulls it into his mouth...so I can't really read him a book! I worry too that it will effect him developmentally but I guess he is developing by exploring things with his tongue. I really hope he grows out of it eventually!

Jacks the same but i think its more his teeth at the moment x

ah teeth yeah. that's a good point!

Josh is the same, but he's learned to put something in his mouth and has both hands free... Like a dog :lol: (been doing this since we started weaning him off the dummy)

Josh is the same, but he's learned to put something in his mouth and has both hands free... Like a dog :lol: (been doing this since we started weaning him off the dummy)

:rofl: jack does that then carrys on crawling

Definitely normal, especially because of their teething. Chase pretty much lunges with his mouth at anything, including the glow worm face. LOL

If you agree with him
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_stage

Amelia does this too with everything! LOL it is quite funny she has been doing it since about 3mnths old. Since she learnt to take out and put her own dummy in, she sometimes just sits there putting the dummy in her mouth then pulling it out then in again then out.....she is obsessed!

Since she learnt to take out and put her own dummy in, she sometimes just sits there putting the dummy in her mouth then pulling it out then in again then out.....she is obsessed!

Ally does this lol. He takes it out, turns it around, looks at it then puts it back in again. He's started trying to put it in our mouths too. I don't mind him doing it with his dummy...it's all the other things (the chair we have in our front room, my phone, my camera, the remotes, the bonjela tube) that I'm not so keen on going in his mouth!

Since she learnt to take out and put her own dummy in, she sometimes just sits there putting the dummy in her mouth then pulling it out then in again then out.....she is obsessed!

Ally does this lol. He takes it out, turns it around, looks at it then puts it back in again. He's started trying to put it in our mouths too. I don't mind him doing it with his dummy...it's all the other things (the chair we have in our front room, my phone, my camera, the remotes, the bonjela tube) that I'm not so keen on going in his mouth!

LOL! that is funny Amelia hasn't started sharing her dummy with us yet! She has started talking to it, not sure what she is saying but she seems to have a proper convesation with it before popping it back in and looking around :D

maybe they're just really attached to them. Alasdair has one that has a giraffe on it and the others are nice colours so maybe they say things like 'oo hello mr giraffe' or 'what a lovely colour dummy I have!' or just 'I love you, you are my best friend little dummy!' lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->