Putting To Bed Alone?

KaidensMummy

My Wee Baby Boy Kaiden :)
Reaction score
Hiya

Kaiden has been in a routine for about 4 months now..dinner at 6, bath at quarter to 7, bottle and bed for half 7? But I always let him take his bottle then fall asleep in my arms ( as I dont get to see him all day I love my night time cuddles) This has always been fine, I put him upto bed about quarter to 8 and that was great. Now he falls asleep in my arms, and as soon as I get to the top of the stairs, he wakes up lol. I started going in the room with him and lying on the bed with him but this just isnt practical,and when I put him in the cot he screams sooo loud for ages. So the other night I put him in the cot and I hid under the covers on the bed (desperate times call for desperate measures lol) and when he realised I wasnt there he lay down and went to sleep himself. So the past 2 nights I have just put him in his cot and went downstairs and left him , he screams for about ten mins then goes to sleep!! But do u think this will have any lasting effect on him? Leaving him alone? I feel rotten but I feel its the only way he will learn to go to bed himself? xx

He will settle soon... I dont think there is anything wrong with what your doing.

ive been doing this with ffion for 4 months :) i think its fine!

Hehe! Smart little boy! I'm sure he will be fine.

He'll be fine. We had to do it with Charlotte too. Now she goes down and if she isn't quiiiite ready for sleep she'll play with her toys quietly until she falls asleep.

na thats great hun helps him learn to sleep when going to bed awake too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->