Q about needle to stop labour...

tiger

mum-1boy-expecting1girl
Reaction score
hi there !
im hoping someone can help me (well help me, help my friend)

my friend is currently 32 weeks pregnant, and she in hospital as she woke up having quite bad period pains and strong braxton hicks. The hospital has kept her in and checked, and her cervix is still closed for the moment, but she is contracting quite regularly and her amniotic swab test for her waters came back positive.
They have given her steroids for the baby and a needle to hopefully stop her labour progressing any further.

My question is, did anyone have the needle to stop labour and continue to labour and have a premature baby, or did it prolong it for a little bit and baby still came early ?

Hello. I am sorry your friend is going through this!

I was put on a Magnesium Sulfate drip to stop labor, but it only stopped it for 3 days while the IV was in. I went back into full labor shortly after they took it out.

I hope her baby keeps cooking as long as possible! :hugs:

For me, I went into labour at 27+6 and made it to 29 weeks... I was quite dilated though (4cm+ they didn't want to check unless they had to!) and bulging membranes and he turned and started putting feet and hands where they shouldn''t be (think... down!) so hand emergency section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->