Q for first timers - Please vote on my poll!

L

Louise N

Please vote on my poll and if you have any more to add, post below.

Much appreciated :hugs:

I've sent my application form off aaages ago, but have been told not to panic as they don't usually get back to you with all the details much before 30wks.

i want them but rang the antenatal clinic at the hospital and have been fobbed off with just 1 on the 3rd march but im due the 26th and am worried that if baby comes early wont have a clue of what to do, how did you go on about arranging them?

My MW told me there weren't enough sessions for all the pregnant women in my area to attend them, so she said to remind her at 20 weeks and she'd apply for me... But it was a stand-in MW i saw when I was 20+4 and I don't see my own MW until 24+4 so I don't know if I'll be able to get in...

The reason I'm considering not going is that I'm really interested in natal hypnotherapy & having a natural birth, and I'm not sure I want them telling me what to do :shrug: I've asked santa for the natal hypnotherapy CDs, so hopefully that will be enough...

cant wait to start mine... they had 2 places left for hubby and I... very lucky :)

xx

We won't be doing antenatal classes: have been told by a lot of our friends that they are a waste of time, as at delivery things never go as you are "taught"! Instead, we'll be doing a yoga class together :)

I'm going to start mine at around 26 weeks afetr my next app with the midwife, where i live you have to go to a session a week for 3 weeks to complete the course xx

we are doing them because I think the more informed we are the better choices we will be able to meet. Plus it's a nice way to include the husband:) he feels a bit left out sometimes.

dont they just tell you how to breath and puff and pant? i dont wanna go cos it will scare me ha ha xox

I plan to take a class mostly as a way to maybe meet others. I haven't signed up for anything yet, probably look around for one sometime in Jan/Feb.

I've booked an NCT course in February which is a full weekend course with my husband. Hoping to meet other couples in the area, also heard they're much better than the NHS ones but of course at a cost. My firend wants me to do hypnobirthing as well but its just a load more money, I think I'll get the book and CD and see how I get on with that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->