Q for those with 2 who share a room

Bix

Mummy to 2 boys!
Reaction score
We're currently decorating the spare room and plan to move baby and eldest son (who's currently in the box room) into there so they can share. I'm excited about it, as is eldest son, and think it will be fun for them and make them closer (they already adore each other :cloud9:).

But as the time comes closer to moving them, I'm starting to have worries about whether they will wake each other up. Eldest is very good at bedtime, goes to bed with no dramas or fuss so that shouldn't be an issue in general (although obviously there is the occasional hiccup). But baby can still sometimes be a little restless at bedtime, and is currently waking at around 4-5am for a bottle and I'm worried about him waking eldest up.

Those of you that have 2 that share, have you found it problematic in that respect? (Or in any other respect, heads up about possible problems to watch out for would be great :thumbup: :flower:)

Im thinking bout this too. OH has an 8yr old son who satys at weekends and we want to have them share when Leo is nearer to 2years old. Sorry I cant offer much advice but I didnt want toread and run and id like to see what other mums are chosing to do also

I personally think they will be fine my last two are three years apart and they shared a room with no problems.We actually moved to a bigger home so all three of my kids would have their own room and the younger two which are now 11 and 8 still sleep in the same room they have created their own schedule of when they go back and forth between their rooms. I believe them sharing a room made their sisterly bond stronger as the two are inseparable. HTH

Kristy

i agree ^^^^My two girls share a room but i didnt move my youngest in to my eldest room until she was 18 months, but they love it my youngest goes to bed at 6:30-7pm and my eldest goes to bed at 8 they dont disturb each other at all... sometimes i find my youngest LO has got into bed with her older sister awwwww and now my oldest wont sleep in the room without her little sister......too sweet!!! so no problems! and i like the fact that they arent alone at night to iykwim xxx

I am planning to put my 2 sons together fairly soon when we have decoratd the room. Eldest ds is nearly 5 and youngest nearly 2. We have bunk beds but youngest wont sleep in those yet obviously i will put him in a toddler bed or his cot in the corner and leave eldest ds in bottom of bunk till they are a bit bigger and eldest can then go on top and younget in bottom. although bunks can be separated if not. I am looking forward to having them together, they already some times fall asleep on sofa downstairs at bed time holding hands which is so cute :)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->