QA Hospital, Portsmouth, UK

rachm

Overdue
Reaction score
Hi

I am having my baby at the QA Hospital in Portsmouth. Does anyone know of anyone whos had their baby there or are planning on having their baby there? I know its a brand new unit but still I was wondering what its like.

I'm gonna ask MW if I can visit it at my next app.

xx

Hey,
I live around the corner from this unit so would be interested to know what its like aswell!
I went to this hospital for my scans and found the sonographers a little bit abrupt, they didn't talk us through what we were seeing on screen much,so I feel we missed out!
On a positive note it is a lovely clean new building!

I am probably going to opt for one of the smaller units such as, The Grange birthing centre in Petersfield or Portsmouth Maternity Centre on the old St. Marys site.
Have you thought about visiting those sites? They are much more private and the atmosphere seems very relaxed!
We went for a tour of QA too but we got there too late and the group left without us, so i cant really say what the actual labour wards and rooms are like!
I do recommend having a look around other units though,I'm really glad I did!
May I ask where in Hampshire you are living? Are you close to Cosham?
Sorry I couldn't give more information!
MoonDust xxxxxx

Hi

I live in Havant. I found the scans I had done at the QA to be great and I had quite a few and ended up having an amnio done due to bloods. At all my appointments at the QA I had not had any probs and found everyone wonderful. I think because of the possible problems I had at the beginning of this pregnancy I want to have my boy in hospital just in case.

I know that birthing units are great but I get more peace of mind knowing I am in hospital should anything happen (I worry alot!).

I just wondered what the QA is like to actually give birth in as all my friends had theirs at St Marys which as you know has now closed.

xx

:hi: I had my little boy Harry at QA in October & it was lovely. The staff were very friendly, the facilities are excellent & the consultants were very polite to me & I ound I was kept informed throughout my 18hr labour n hubby was looked after too with orange squash, toast n a cuppa tea, lol!
You can arrange a tour by calling them direct.
FYI, after I had harry, I then transferred to Blakes Maternity Unit in Gosport where I stayed a further 3 days, and was treated like a total princess, waited on hand n foot; it really helped me get BFing off to a good start, get some much needed rest and the pain relief afterwards was good as my stitches were killing me :dohh:
If you have anymore Qs, just ask n I'll do my best. There're a few other's on here like PurpleSocks, Andbabymakes3 & Saxogirl who had their babies there too, all by c-section I think & they all spoke highly of QA too.

:hi: I had my little boy Harry at QA in October & it was lovely. The staff were very friendly, the facilities are excellent & the consultants were very polite to me & I ound I was kept informed throughout my 18hr labour n hubby was looked after too with orange squash, toast n a cuppa tea, lol!
You can arrange a tour by calling them direct.
FYI, after I had harry, I then transferred to Blakes Maternity Unit in Gosport where I stayed a further 3 days, and was treated like a total princess, waited on hand n foot; it really helped me get BFing off to a good start, get some much needed rest and the pain relief afterwards was good as my stitches were killing me :dohh:
If you have anymore Qs, just ask n I'll do my best. There're a few other's on here like PurpleSocks, Andbabymakes3 & Saxogirl who had their babies there too, all by c-section I think & they all spoke highly of QA too.

Hi

Was your stay at Blakes after already organised before you had Harry or was it offered to you after?

I definitely want to have my baby in hospital but its interesting to know I may be able to go to birthing unit after.

xx

they asked me at the hospital when they do the baby check up thingy before they discharge you & said was I to be discharged home or would i be going to a maternity unit, so I asked if I could go to Blakes. They called to see if there were any beds & as there were only 2 other ppl there (they can cater for up to 8 ladies/babies at a time) i went straight there n stayed for 4 more days, which was a much needed break, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->