Queasy belly, no vomiting anyone?

MnGmakes3

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
This feeling of yuck seems to be getting worse as the days go on. Its close to "I've had the stomach flu for days" feeling but i haven't actually been puking. Anyone else have this? Any remedies for an icky belly? I tried bland foods because I am hungry (eggos, toast etc) but it's not really helping much. Its more of a painful hunger if that makes sense.
All suggestions much appreciated!

Edit: I'm not nauseous/sick where i have to be still. Its all just a sour type belly feeling

I'm sooo nauseas but haven't been sick yet. I'm just hoping the sickness starts soon; with my last 2 I much preferred just being sick a few times a day to feeling sick all day long. I've found that eating helps- I'm going to be huge!

that's the thing....i have been eating and I'm not nauseous whatsoever.

I find I get nauseous when I'm hungry. And also only later in the day. I've been wearing sea-bands (anti-nausea wristbands) that I picked up. I'm not sure if they work as I still get a little nauseous with them but they have to be worn properly. Someone I know swears by em so I gave them a shot :)

I dont have much to offer in the way of making it feel better, but I have the same icky stomach feeling. I notice if I eat when I feel hungry it gets better, but not always. I've been battling it for 6 weeks now. Just do your best to eat what you can and take your vitamin. I hope you start feeling better soon! OB didn't really give me much to go on other than make sure I eat and feeling unsettled is just part of it. Anti nausea/vomit meds won't help with the unsettled feeling unfortunately.

i had this nausea.i actually felt like i had a hole where my solar plexus is.it felt like someones fist was in there. like i hadnt eaten for weeks and when i did eat it would go for like 30 mins. i also had bad evening nausea but only threw up two days. im now just over 8 weeks and the pain in my solar plexus has gone and im now only nauseous if hungry. its got alot better.hang in there and hopefully the nausea goes soon. also i found that having soups for dinner was alot beter for my evening nausea

Thanks girls. I dont feel nausea/dizziness in my head etc. It's nothing like that. It's just all in my belly. I guess I'll do my best to keep eating.

I've had this since about 6.5 weeks, although on occasions I have actually vomited. But I feel "car sick" or "hungover" from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed. I haven't really found much that helps though. Hope you start feeling better soon :flower:

ginger tea is my best friend. I have regular nausea all day, or as buffy put it- carsick/ hungover feeling all day, however the few times I've thrown up its been because of that burning, intensely hungry feeling you seem to be describing- it almost feels like I have an ulcer because I'm kind of hungry but also eating sounds terrible. Beyond eating bland things, I find my ginger tea helps a ton. My OB also did ok it with me as I know a lot of herbal teas can be iffy.

littlejune- I got a whole bunch of ginger the other day and have been sipping on it but it doesn't help much
:( So glad it's been working for you though! Maybe I'm making it wrong? :shrug:

I double up the bags sometimes- also I haven't tried them but I've heard ginger candies can be amazing too.

I have been nauseous quite a bit this pregnancy. Last time it was 24/7, but this time I am managing it with homeopathy. I am amazed at how well it helps! Somedays it is virtually gone, and other days it's really livable at like a 3 out of 10. It's been worse the last couple of days, but it's still not as bad as last time. You might try googling "homeopathy morning sickness". There are quite a few different remedies. Pulsatilla and Sepia work the best for my particular case.

I've had the nausea and food aversion but no real vomiting. I suck on peppermint candies (the white and red ones) all day long. They have real peppermint oil in them which is supposed to help queasy bellies. It helps get me through work. At night I take unisom (the one with doxylamine succinate active ingredient) and that helps a lot. I'm also on zofran during the day, not sure how much help that's been but maybe it's the reason I've not vomited.

I had to talk to my midwife about this today. I was doing fine and thought I was actually going to be able to miss out on m/s this time until BAM! 6 weeks it hit full force with no warning... the 24/7 nausea and feeling like I'm going to be sick all day long. I've been taking Zofran to help so that I can eat and keep food down but it doesn't help with the constant nausea. When I called my midwife she recommended I try 25mg of vitamin b6 in the morning and take a full dose of Benadryl at night. I haven't tried it since it is not bedtime for me yet but I'm am eager to try anything by now. Anybody try this and have it work for them? This is absolutely miserable and I feel for you, ladies! I'm in the same boat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->