Question about adding solid feeds?

BurtonBaby

Reaction score
I feel pretty dumb right now, considering Erica is 8 months old, and I should know what I'm doing by now.. But I dont! I have been trying to up Erica's solid feeds for a while now, she really only has one regularly a day.. We have tried giving her lunch then dinner.. But usually she will not eat dinner if she has had lunch.. In the mornings she really just seems to want a bottle and snuggles (its her time that we let her be in bed with us, since we are no longer co-sleeping). Should I try to get her to eat her second meal as breakfast, and change our morning routine? Or should I try to get her to eat lunch and dinner even tho she isn't really interested if she has one or the other.. ? I could probably cut out a milk feed, but I have always just let her feed on demand (since transitioning from BF'ing especially) so I'm not even sure which milk feed I should cut out. Please help ladies, I am so confused. And sorry if I sound like an idiot, I know I should know these things already. :dohh: Thanks!!

I would try giving breakfast and lunch, that's all we have Connor on for now. He eats fruit and cereal at 8am and a veggie at 3pm. He gets pretty hungry so I think we will add the dinner feed soon. Good luck hun!!

Try giving a little cereal and/or fruits for breakfast but only after you have had your cuddle (can't miss out on that). Once she is used to breakfast and supper, then add in the lunch.

Well girls, yesterday I got Erica to eat 3 meals!!! Small meals albeit, but meals. This morning she has had a yogurt, I will try to give her a little bit of veggie puree in a minute, and 1/2 a jar for dinner tonight! The only bad thing, was that she didn't even finish two 6oz bottles yesterday.. Is that normal? She had about 2oz of water as well.. But that was it.

I'm struggling with this as well. I do know that for the first year they are supposed to have bm or formula as their main food. I can't seem to find the time to feed Bella. I think she would eat 3 meals a day.

It is harder to find the time to sit her down for a meal, but I really wanna up her solid feeds.. I am worried because we had a similar day food wise as yesterday, but again, not even 2 full 6oz bottles. I'm not sure what to do. She is taking the small meals 3x a day, but then just wont take her bottles.. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->